Chapter 1

"We're going on a road trip!" Allison announces as she enters my bedroom. With a large grin plastered on her face you can obviously tell that she's up to something. She' most likely up to no good and it could be something that I might not agree to.

"Are you familiar with the rule knock before you enter?" I spoke, not even looking at her.

"Come on, Tay. Don't try to kill my mood." I sighed and turned around to face my pretty yet weird friend.

Allison Park was a somebody at school. Unlike me, I'm a nobody. Total opposites, but are together. Kinda weird, but nice. Awkward but fun. In other words, it's sort of, like, a bad thing that turns out to be a good thing. Allison and I are one of those. They do say opposites attract. I guess that's how Allison and I became friends.

"Al..."

"Alli!" She corrects me. Oh, I totally forgot. She hates being called Al since it sounds like a boy's nickname. She preffered a cute nickname that would suit her better. Well, what kind of girly girl wouldn't?

"Yeah, yeah. So what's up?"

"I told you, we're having a road trip!" What? Why? and When? I wanted to ask.

"Alli, it's just the beginning of summer. We just graduated high school yesterday and now you're declaring that we're going on a road trip? Give me a break first."

"This is a break. Travelling to somewhere new and enjoying our limited time there for fun. It's called a vacation."

I sighed. What should I do? I can't fight about something like this with Allison knowing that she'll obviously win. I'm really not interested in going either, but if I pass on this she'll probably give me the cold shoulder again.

And I definitely don't want that. Trust me; it's a horrible experience.

"Fine, I'm going." Jeez, I hate this. "Who's coming with us anyway?"

"Oh, just us and a few friends. Not much people."

* * * * *

"You told me yesterday that it's just us and a few friends," I said. Allison and I are having a small chat at our favorite coffee shop---Starbucks. I mean, who doesn't love Starbucks? Ok. Some don't and I respect that.

"Yeah, it's just us and a some friends."

"Do you think that a total of 20 people altogether is few?" I thought that we were about 5 or 6 people. I meant any a mount that is lesser than 10, but it turns out that we were more than that.

"It's just a small amount, Tay. No need to make it a big deal." I'm fine with just a small amount of people, but I couldn't go to something like this. I've never been to a group road trip before so this is all kinda new to me.

"Fine, fine. Have it your way. So how are we all gonna fit in one car?" To come to think of it, that was a problem. Well, unless if she had a car which is big enough for all of us and all our stuff I have nothing to worry about at all.

"It's all under control. No need to worry." Should I trust her words or not? It wasn't the first time Allison said something like that. Last time, when we were in the 9th grade in science class, I was partnered up with Allison for chemistry and we were told to show something that I totally forgot about by using our teacher's chemicals.

It didn't go well like Allison said.

Saying those very same words to me, she poured all of the chemicals together into one container. Nothing happened at first, but then a disgusting scent filled the room afterwards. The horrible stench still lingered in that room until today so no one ever used it again. This is why I don't have 100% trust in Allison at all.

"That accident is in the past, Taylor. Could you just forget about it and actually trust me on this?"

I wasn't gonna say yes and I definitely wasn't gonna say no. With an unsure decision I simply said, "I'll try." And that answer was enough for her.

"So it's all settled then. Meet me at my place tomorrow at eight, okay?" I nodded and she smiled. After saying our goodbyes, she got up and left. After a while, I took a cab home and for the whole ride my mind was only thinking about one thing.

I can't believe that I'm actually going on this road trip.