Chapter 9

I finally got around to finishing this chapter. Thanks for all the support. I really am sorry about how horrible I am at updating. I think I need to be in the right mood to write. Anways, any feedback would be much appriciated. Thanks. Katie. 

“Kay I should probably show you around before dinner, you know mom’s going to ask about it and I’m going to get crap if I haven’t shown you around.”

Later

                “So this is the gym, I usually come down here to work out just because I feel like it or because I need to release some pent up anger,” Sterling explained.

                “Kids, it’s time for dinner,” we heard Sterling’s mom call out.

                “Wow this is my first family dinner… I’m not sure if I’m prepared for this…” I told Sterling nervous.

                “Seriously, do you have any idea how much my mom loves you, I’m pretty sure you could ask her to help you bury a body and she’d be excited to help.” Sterling told me seriously.

                “I don’t believe you, besides, what about your dad?”

                “I’m not kidding; she wouldn’t talk to me after I told her about our fight. And about my dad, in case you haven’t noticed yet, my dad’s completely whipped, whatever my mom says goes.”

Sterling’s POV

                We were walking to the dining room quietly when I felt Katie silently slip her hand into mine. I instinctively tightened my hand about hers. I glanced at her trying to read the cause of this unexpected gesture. Katie didn’t say anything but she did give me a genuine smile which made my heart race. I couldn’t believe my luck at how amazing and beautiful my mate was. As we approached the dining room I could smell an amazing smell wafting from the kitchen. I glanced at Katie, once again trying to read her facial expressions.

                “Is that cream of potato soup I smell?” Katie asked keeping a neutral facial expression.

                “Yeah, I asked your dad for the recipe, I figured since this would all be really weird you might want to bit of home here, you also said it was your favorite…” I told her nervously. I didn’t want to bring up bad memories of her mom. “If you want to eat something else that’s fine, I also had my mom make pizza…”

                “No, the soup is fine. It’s amazing actually. I can’t believe you had your mom make it. I haven’t had it since my mom passed away. It really means a lot to me.” Katie told me sincerely.  “You know you’re starting to earn your spot next to me in bed,” Katie whispered in my ear before strutting off into to kitchen to no doubt talk to my mom. She always does that to me, leaving right after she’s gotten me all hot and bothered. 

                Dinner was fun; Katie entertained everyone with funny stories from places she’d lived. I don’t know what Katie was worried about; she had my entire family wrapped around her finger. After dinner I knew for sure that I couldn’t screw things up with Katie again, or I would be sleeping outside until I fixed things.

                After everyone was done eating we all went into the theatre room to watch a movie. My parents snuggled on one couch while Katie snuggled up to me on another couch. I was starting to realize just how much we needed this. Katie was starting to let me in, and I was learning to let Katie have some freedom.  More than ever I felt we couldn’t fight again. Things were so good, after knowing what this was like I never wanted to go back.

                The movie didn’t end until pretty late, Katie wasn’t quite asleep but she was hovering right on the border.  “Katie, I think it’s time for bed.” Keeping her eyes closed she wrapped her arms around my neck. I shrugged to myself figuring she was too sleepy to get up. I gently picked up her small frame, she snuggled into my chest. I carried her back to my room, placing her lightly on my bed and pulling the covers around her. I went to unclasp her hands from my neck. Katie moaned, making the blood in my body start pumping.

                “Stay,” Katie told me simply, not opening her eyes.

                “I thought I had to earn my place in bed?”

                She shrugged still not opening her eyes, “that was before I learned how comfy you are. Now get over here before I have to ask you again.” She didn’t have to ask me twice. I slipped off my shoes before sliding into bed next to her. It felt so right. I wrapped my arms around her and she nestled herself into my chest. She fit perfectly.

The Next Morning

                I woke up inhaling a delicious scent. It took me a minute to remember why I was turned on at the moment. Then my angelic beauty snuggled further into my body and I instantly remembered. I opened my eyes but didn’t move. I just watched Katie sleep. Her hands were in little fists with her arms curled under her head. She looked so delicate.

                “Ohh, Sterling that feels so good,” Katie moaned in her sleep. I almost fell out of bed I was so shocked and turned on beyond belief. I knew I had to get out of the bed before I did something I would regret. I quickly slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a nice cold shower. When I finally got all my body parts under control I walked back into my bedroom. I immediately zeroed in on Katie who was sitting up on my bed rubbing her eyes. She was so adorable.

                “Did you have a good sleep?” I asked her innocently.

                “Uhh… yeah… it was fine.” Katie told me her voice laced with sleep.

                “Did you have any dreams?” I asked watching for her reaction.

                “I… uhhh…. Nope” Katie stuttered out blushing.

                “You’re sure you didn’t dream about anything, anyone…”

                “Nope” Katie squeaked. I just smirked. “Umm don’t we have school today,” she asked me, obviously trying to change the subject.

                “Well we could go to school, if that’s what you want. If not I’m sure we could find something else to do.” 

                “Something else like what?”

                “Why don’t use your imagination,” I told her, slowly stalking closer to her.

                “You know nothing’s coming to me, why don’t I go take a shower while I try and come up with some ideas.” Then Katie proceeded to get out of bed. She walked over to her suitcase and bent over to grab her clothes. I’m only slightly ashamed to say I spent the entire time with my eyes glued to her delectable butt. Then she walked over to my bathroom. She got to the door and turned so her back was too me, then she removed her shirt, then her pants. I’m sure my jaw was on the ground. Underneath her clothes was a sexy lacey underwear set. The zipper on my pants was threatening to break and my wolf was drooling. Katie threw a wink back at me before sauntering into the bathroom. I heard the lock click. So much for that cold shower.

Katie’s POV

                 I locked the door then smiled to myself. My wolf and I enjoyed teasing our mate. I could smell his strong response. My dreams were past R rated, laying next to Sterling apparently brought out my inner slut.  He scored major points just now though but leaving me alone. I’ve decided until he proves to me that he can give me freedom and let me make my own choices I’m not letting him mate me. So far he’s doing pretty well. I was scared though. I was scared of my body’s response to his, I was scared of the emotional response he elicited in me. Most of all I was scared of finally letting him in and then something happening. Either him doing something to screw everything up or losing him like I lost my mom.