Chapter 7

Some I'm going to try and be better at updating... we'll see how well that goes. Anyways, I was little disapointed to not get much feedback last chapter. I really love to know what you guys think. 

Katie 

“So what’s the plan?” I asked.

                “Well we’ll put your stuff in my car and you’ll come home with me after school today.”

                “Yippee, can’t wait.” I said, sarcasm dripping off my words.  

                “So where’s your stuff?” Sterling asked. I just silently pointed towards the door where I left my stuff. Sterling grabbed my bags and put them in the back of his car before coming back inside and looking at me expectantly. “Well, you ready to go baby?” I was just about to chew him out for calling me baby when and unexpected emotion hit me, happiness. For some reason I was happy Sterling had a pet name for me. The moment passed quickly however and the car ride to school was silent with me staring out the window the whole time. When we pulled into school I moved to get out of his horrid car but Sterling wouldn’t let me.

                “Hold up there Katie,”

                “Why should I?”

                “Please?”

                “Why bother asking me, you’ll just force me to do whatever you want me to do anyways,” I told him bitterly.

                “Is that why you’re so upset?” Sterling asked me seriously.

                “Sterling you know what a girl values more than anything? Her freedom. You’re taking away my say in anything, it started with the mating thing, then going to see your parents, now about me staying at your house.”

                “Look, I’m sorry, I know it ay be hard to believe but everything I’m doing, it’s because I care about you. I want to get along with, I want to be mated with you. I know forcing you to come stay with me is wrong, so I won’t make you come home with me.”

                “Thank you Sterling, this is probably the first time you’ve actually listened to my feelings and what I want. I’ll still go stay with you though. My dad’s right, I can’t avoid or dislike you forever.”

                “You’re amazing, I don’t deserve you,”

                “You’re right, you don’t,” I told him grinning peevishly and only somewhat kidding.

                “Way to ruin the first nice serious conversation I think we’ve ever had.”

                “Well then we’ll just have to have a few more then,” I told him, before getting out of his car and walking away to go find my friends.

Sterling’s P.O.V.  

                Watching my amazing mate walking away left me with a feeling of accomplishment. We’ve finally managed to get along for more than a minute. Katie was sexy when she was mad and upset but she was impossible to resist when she was sweet. I was also ecstatic she agreed to still come stay with me. I really planned on showing her how devoted I was. The bell rang so I hurried into school. I walked into my first hour and immediately looked for Katie. I quickly found her arguing with Brad, he apparently got the wrong idea yesterday. Staying as calm as I could, which wasn’t very, I stalked over to Brad.

                “If you’re not understanding what Katie’s telling you I’m sure I could help you understand in term’s you’d understand,” I threatened. 

                “I’d listen to him, he could kill you, literally,” Katie told Brad. That made my wolf growl appreciatively, okay I’m not going to lie, we both liked how Katie just complemented our ability to take care of her.

                “This isn’t over,” Brad muttered slinking away.

                “I do believe it is,” I told him, sitting down in Katie’s chair then pulling Katie down to sit in my lap like Katie did to Brad the day before.  Katie leaned into my chest then slowly turned around to look me in the eyes. Katie had a mischievous look on her face. She very innocently squirmed around in my lap which of course meant she was rubbing up against my constant hard on. I quietly growled in her ear. At this point I could care less what the teacher was talking about. Katie had all my attention, both mentally and physically. “What do you think you’re doing?” I finally whispered huskily in her ear.

                “I was just trying to go comfortable, why am I bothering you?” Katie replied wearing an innocent looking smirk.

                “We’ll discuss this later,” I told her sternly. I really meant I wanted to take her somewhere and kiss the heck out of her, but I hadn’t been to this class in about a week and I didn’t want people to harass Katie for leaving in the middle of class with me. I knew my reputation; even though I was officially a one women kind of man the rest of school didn’t know that yet. The rest of school went by pretty fast, although the classes without Katie dragged on more than when I had Katie next to me and the last class of the day seemed like a lifetime so I guess school didn’t go by that fast after all. I was really excited to bring Katie home again; I was also excited for my mom to start talking to me again. She’s been ignoring me ever since I told her me and Katie fought. Finally the bell rang signaling the end of the day. I jumped out of my desk excitedly. Katie just gave me a look from the seat next to mine.

                “Are you a little excited for something lover boy?” She asked me with a knowing smile on her face.

                “Actually yes, I’m very excited for you to be staying with me like it should be. I know we’ve had our issues and differences but I want this to work out this time. Believe me, I’m not going to be the one screwing up this time.”

                “Are you implying that I’m going to screw up in some way?” Katie asked raising one eyebrow.

                “No, I would never do that baby,” I corrected myself quickly.

                “Aww, you’re so cute, don’t worry I was kidding, mostly.” Katie told me before flouncing out of the room.