Entrustment

Chapter 2: Entrustment

Marina stared at the revealed basket in surprise.

In the basket was a baby inkling! He/She was light skinned and had dark blue hair. They wore a soft teal shirt and white shorts with black shoes.

The baby looked up at Marina and gave her a cute baby smile, which made the DJ smile back.

Placing the stuff down, she gently picks up the child and looks inside the basket for any type of note.

Pulling back the blanket, she indeed found a small letter in nice handwriting.

To anyone who has found my child here,

Please take could care of Vian for me! My husband and I could no longer care for him any longer so I entrust him to you...

Underneath the note, there should be an envelope, full of money so you can support him.

Treat him well and once again I'm sorry!

P.S: Vian is about 6 months years old and his birthday is November 21. He loves to play with his toys and really dislikes being alone for too long. He's a very cheerful boy and smiles very often.

Sincerely, Ginger Rollens

As she finished reading the note, Marina couldn't help but notice small tear stains on the paper.

Digging deeper in the basket, she found the envelope which was filled with coins like the note said.

Placing all the stuff in the bags, she places the bags on her shoulder and held Vian in her arms securely.

"Your name is Vian huh... That's my little brother's name too." Marina said to the baby, who reached his hand towards her face at the mentioning of his name.

Marina smiled. "You're so cute!"

Vian smiled back. Then he yawned and snuggled into Marina's arms and fell asleep.

Marina grabbed the blanket out the basket and carefully draped it around Vian before taking off, towards home.

Marina softly chuckles at how annoyed her friend will be when she arrives, since she was suppose to be back a long time ago.

I sure hope Pearlie won't mind Vian staying with us...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope y'all are enjoying this story so far!

Back in the Where are You chapters in my Shorts book, I named Marina's little brother Octivian, and she nicknamed him Vian. So that's where the name Vian comes from :D

.... But also because I couldn't think of another name XD