6 | Standing

A/N: So, this is supposed to be a semi-short prequel. That doesn't mean I'm going to short change you guys with a short story, but that also means I'm not planning for Niaomi to go FULL full-length novel. It'll be more of a novella in my opinion (which is surely not the same as everyone - er, anyone's opinion). Still, hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Action's gonna really pick up after this. ;)

Picture of Angela up above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luminous was mad.

What's taking them so long?

Emere and Toparien looked at her as she paced back and forth in ire, the older brother sighing and telling the other privately, I wish Silveran were here.

The green dragon grumbled his assent, resting his head on his forearms as Luminous began ranting once more. The twins had gone hunting, which only caused the remaining she-dragon to grow more antsy overall. Everyone knew how Silveran and Luminous felt about each other besides the two, and Emere could just imagine the luck the pink dragoness was having in trying to keep her brother calm as he worried over Luminous' safety.

Among him and his brother, she and the bondmates were safe from any outside threat, of course. But between him and his brother, she may not be safe from them.

Luminous, he cut in now, letting out a smoky sigh. Will you not stop worrying? Nia would be able to contact any one of us at any time through her seer abilities should some problem arise.

She doesn't know how to control her gifts!

And you seem not to know how to control your tongue, Toparien snapped back at her, annoyed beyond his limit. Your nattering is driving me crazy! If you must continue to do so, at least do so while leaving us in peace!

Luminous snarled at the bigger dragon, neither undaunted by his size nor the anger flaring in his orange eyes. You may not be concerned for your Rider, but I am for mine.

Do not speak as though that is the truth. You and I both know it is not.

Oh, really? Then why have you yet to -

Enough! Emere roared, scaring the birds from the surrounding trees and causing other two dragons to fall silent. Arguing is as pointless as worrying, yet we still do both. There is a more productive task for taking our minds away from the situation at hand.

You are right, brother, the topaz fire dragon relented, looking at Luminous with kinder eyes. I should not have snapped at you.

Nor I you, the she-dragon replied.

Emere exposed his teeth in a smile. Now that that has been settled, I propose that we play a game.

Can we join in? asked another voice as a white blur skidded out from the treeline and into view, settling into the shape of a large gangly mistwolf. His tail wagged in excitement. I love games!

You are as excitable as a pup, Dewdrop, Ruyi the darksnake said as she stayed hidden among the shade, her jade slitted eyes the only physical sign of her presence.

I'm not a pup! Dew retorted hotly as the other bondmates came into the clearing where the dragons hid, out of view from Teirm and its citizenry.

Bramble snorted, stomping one golden hoof in amusement as he said, Could've fooled me.

The mistwolf snarled as Emere held in a sigh. Yes, yes, you may all join in the game if you so wish.