Chapter 18

I had made a choice, I also had some control and I was going to make an effort. From now on, I would decide when he was nice to me since I didn't have the power to reject him, I was in too deep for that. But I was not going to do whatever he wanted, whenever he pleased. I hated the situation as it was, he could just decide when he was in the mood to be nice because I fell for him with one look into his eyes. I even missed him right now and it was bad for me, I had to stop thinking like that. I just could not be so pathetic and desperate, waiting around for him.

I snapped out of it and sent the letter to Corey by letting go of Poppy and watching her fly away into the night sky that was filled with stars. There was a full moon too. I turned around and almost hoped I would somehow coincidentally meet Draco up here on the owl tower again. But that was just lame.

I didn't hurry when I walked back down the stairs again and suddenly, I saw him walk up. He turned his face to the side when I walked past him and I stopped, looking after him. He didn't stop and he didn't turn around. This was the moment to try now. I wanted to see if I could turn him to his other side when he was being cold and distant. He did it with me all the time so I wanted to know if I had the power too. And I honestly had nothing to lose, this whole thing was a gamble and I'd have risked all of our non-existant relationship to just have him kiss me again. He wasn't poison, he was a hard drug.

I followed him up the stairs and when I reached the tower again, he stepped away from the window. "Sam" he stuttered as he saw me. It was dark and only our wands were lightening up the room. It still wasn't a bright light though so I just walked towards him so I could see him better. I wasn't confident, I was shy and hesitant. And what if he just decided that this was an exception and it wouldn't even be me making the decision? I somehow had to make the first step. 

He looked resistant, was he trying to resist? It was easy when you were staring in those cold grey eyes. He took a step back but he looked confused. When I reached him, his back was against the brick wall behind him and he dropped his wand to the ground. I put mine into the back pocket of my jeans. He pressed his lips together and I could see him tense up. "Sam ... what are you doing?" he stuttered and bit his lip. I got closer and closer to him, helplessly lost in his eyes though. I wanted to be strong and confident but he was hypnotizing me with his eyes, completely unaware of it. Suddenly, I felt his hand on my lower back. I got on my tiptoes and leant in closer to him. I bit his lips and then drew back with a smirk. I wanted to take control, it was my turn to be strong and not let him walk all over me again. 

His face now was irresistible. "Don't do this to me" he whispered, his voice was just a hint. "What?" I asked and leant back. His hand found its way into my hair and he started kissing my neck. The mark that he had left on me in Hogsmeade was almost gone so he made sure to put it back. Our faces moved towards eachother's at the same time and his lips crashed onto mine. He spun us around so I was backed up against the bricks again. Not only for a second he could have let me have control. Now I was so far in I could only return the kiss, helplessly lost in it.

After a while, we both drew back. He walked away from me, to the other side of the room, we looked at each other but he kept the biggest distance possible in that little room. I wondered how he would look at somebody who he felt deserved his company. I wondered how he would be with someone he actually liked and respected and not just crawled back to when he wanted to feel wanted. 

Without a word, I turned away and exited the tower, walking down the stairs quickly. I heard him follow me so I turned back around. "Sam?" he said and caught up, taking y hand into his. He looked around, scared that someone would see us but then he pressed my body up against his and my back hit the banister behind me. "What are you doing?" I asked, hoping I already knew. He kissed me again, softly this time. But as soon as I opened my lips a little, he was going harder again and his tongue started dancing with mine. He wrapped his arms around me once again.

When we had both run out of breath, his forehead rested against mine and he stared into my eyes. His face was cold, as always, but he didn't let go of me. "Do you remember when you asked me to insult you in the Great Hall about being ugly?" I nodded. The memory of that moment almost made me break down. "You're not ugly. Do you honestly believe that?" "Still sure of it" I said and finally managed to escape the look in his eyes. He softly lifted my face up with his fingers under my chin. I closed my eyes. "Look at me, Sam" he pleaded. "What?" I asked and opened my eyes again. "You're not ugly, what makes you fucking think that? Tell me who made you believe that." 

Now that I thought about it, he was a complete stranger to me. I didn't know anything about him and he didn't know anything about me and I was not going to tell him either. But the thoughts of it came to my mind and a lonely tear ran down my cheek. I sobbed and wiped it away. "What's wrong? Please, don't cry." 

 "I think I'm gonna go to sleep now" I whispered because I didn't want to tell him, not in a million years. "But..." "Goodnight." I ran down the stairs and made my way back to the common room. When I went into bed, I really started crying again. He had reminded me of my past that I was supposed to be through with.