four

jeon jungkook

"mommy, where's dad?"

she looked at me, a glass of red wine in one hand and in the other was a mans hand.

i wasn't completely oblivious to the situation i had been watching them for about 20 minutes, they hadn't seen me once.

but now, i was stood in front of the red, leather couch, carrying the two drunken adults.

"jeongguk, go upstairs." i watched as she snaked her hand out of the mans grip.

"who is he?" i pointed my index finger in his direction, i had been told it was rude to point but at this stage i didn't care. it's rude to cheat on your husband.

he leaned forwards, putting his hand out "i'm-" 

"nobody you need to know. listen, just go back to bed. we will speak about this in the morning."

my eyes darted between the two, being only 7 years old i couldn't say anything else.

maybe i was just misunderstanding this.

"good night." i said before leaving.

-
the next morning came agonisingly slow. my whole night was spent wondering what they were doing at that moment in time.

as i made my way downstairs i mentally prepared myself to see my mother waiting at the kitchen table, ready to explain everything to me.

however, as i walked in all i saw was my father, head in his hands.

"pa?" i whispered.

he must've been sat like that for a long time because i could see his neck struggling to lift his head up to face me.

luckily, with its strength it managed. i immediately spotted how pale his face was, his nose was tinted red and around his eyes were a similar colour. i made eye contact with him, his eyes were red and puffy, no longer matching mine.

"s-she's gone."

i sat up quickly, feeling my heart pumping out of my chest. realising it was just a stupid dream, i rubbed my eyes with my knuckles.

i put my hand out, expecting it to softly land on jimin but instead it bounced onto the bed.

my eyebrows furrowed, looking to my left. "jimin?"

no answer.

i shrug and roll out of bed, throwing on some clothes and walking down to the kitchen.

"jimin, what are you doing?" i shouted as i saw him kneeling up on the counter.

"o-oh i'm trying to get a cup!" he replied, reaching into the cupboard.

"get down now! you're gonna fall." i walk up to the counter. he sighs and steadily sits down onto the counter. i pick him up and place him onto the floor, "why didn't you just ask me to get you it?"