Chapter 24.5: Disconnected

Anna and Courtney left after the whole commotion this morning, it was weird...confusing even. Even if Richie was hung up with 'Revenge' he hasn't done anything ever since that incident with Kevin. To be honest I thought he was completely out of the picture, maybe he took up zen and reflected on his mistakes...yeah right.

I blankly stared at the TV as I flipped through the many channels, some talking about travel in the Maldives, odd italian soap operas and the usual teen flicks and cartoons. I looked over at my phone, which sat idly beside me. I was going to call Kevin but...

*Flashback *

"Number one rule, you do not call after the date. He does" said Anna as she paced around the bedroom in her large round glasses; her attempt at being a professional councellor.

"Number two, you have to follow the 3 day rule" joined Courtney with an equal attempt at trying to look smart and professional with her glasses and tied up bun and high heels.

*Present*

Okay what am I thinking, under normal circumstances I guess that would apply but now...I reached for my phone and held down the speed dial number for Kevin. The phone rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hey...Kevin?" my voice sounding a little shaky

"Hey." he replied bluntly, in the background I could hear the sound of a busy road.

"Is eveything okay? The police came over to ask about you...something to do with Richie? Should I come find y-" I asked as I started to get worried.

"No! I mean uh...Look I'm kind of busy right now. I'll call you back later to explain. Sorry."

*doot doot doot* and with that he disconnected the call.

I dont really know what I'm supposed to feel. Sad, angry, lonely? Didn't matter, I was going to do something stupid anyways. I placed my phone in my pocket and walked over to the front door.

_____________________________________________

Hey guys! I know this is a short one hence 24.5 hahahaha anyways if you like it please vote fan like :D whichever ^^ and if you want I can check some of your books too haha