Chapter Ten: The Calm Before the Storm

Stolen kisses were like getting an unexpected treat. Surprising and sweet. When I was younger, I used to get so excited over the chocolate treats my dad would bring us home. It was the best part of my day. Then I started to wonder what it would be like to have these sweet treats all the time. Would it be like the fairy tales I'd grown up watching? Or would reality bite me in the ass?

I'm glad to say that the fairy tales won. Liam and I had finished a decent lunch with his family yesterday afternoon. We then proceeded to come home and have a nap before my next gig. He was shocked to learn that I was still in the business, but I had assured him that I'd put in my two weeks and it would all officially be behind me soon. He looked a bit apprehensive about it. I wasn't sure if it was concern for my well-being, or to protect his ego. I was hoping for the former.

When Liam proposed, I made it clear that we would be doing this all the right way. No other people were allowed to be in this relationship except for us. 

For this reason, I felt guilty as I made my way down to this weeks discreet location. Today, I wore brown contacts and a blue, pixie cut wig. Sophia and all of her issues were at the back of my mind. Right now, I was preparing myself to show up as Roxanne. 

I pulled up next to Jett's truck in front of an abandoned house. We were in the heart of downtown, and considering that it was the weekend, it was no where near quiet. That was probably for the best since tonight's project may get a little loud. Our objective was not a duo, not a threesome, nor a foursome. That's right. A full blown orgy. My stomach tightened in knots. For some reason, I couldn't shake this feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

I made my way to the large double doors to the house we'd be occupying. It had a horror movie vibe to it since it was in the dead of night and not another soul outside. The streetlights were scattered and gave off an eerie glow. That wasn't helping my anxiety. 

Making my way inside, I was greeted with a hustle and bustle of the set. I found Jett basically having a melt down.

"Well where in the fuck is she?" his voice was hard. It was weird hearing him this way and not his usual laid back self. Maybe he thought I bailed after my two weeks notice and the sudden spring on him that this was my last job. I didn't tell him that it was because I was going on vacation though. Or the fact that it upset Liam so much that I was still working. That would have really fucked up his mood, and I wasn't ready for our friendship to completely go out of the window. 

"Jett, you alright?" I asked, placing my hand on his forearm.

Relief melted his tense features. "There you are! We've been waiting for you to get here. It seems the studio got our times mixed up and we've only got about an hour to do this shoot."

"What? How in the hell are we going --"

"It's okay honey, I got this. You just go get changed into hair and makeup," he paused, thoughtfulness clouding his angular face. "Actually, keep this wig on. I like the blue pixie."

I only nodded and headed to the dressing area he pointed me to. I was dressed in a slinky chain link dress that brushed against the tops of my feet. The chains were cold when I first put them on, making my nipples bud. They eventually warmed as I moved about the room, every step sending tingles of pleasure down to my center. So I sat down to do my make-up. My lips were painted a deep plum-red and I had a dramatic dark eye with silver wings. 

Looking myself over in the mirror, I felt a sense of dread. The skin around my eyes were tight and it started to feel as if the heat had been set to hell. It suddenly was getting hard to breathe.