Chapter Four: The Bargain (COMPLETED REVISION)

"Roxanne! We're ready for you sweet heart!" Jets voice carried through the dressing room I occupied. It wasn't really a dressing room. It was a curtained off corner of a warehouse that had been rented out for today's video shooting. I was sitting at the vanity, watching my stylist put the finishing touches to my wig and make-up. Today my wig was a honey blonde pixie cut that was laid down in an edgy style.  My make-up was done heavily with a black smoky eye and gold accentuation's that made my deep blue orbs pop. My lipstick was a cherry red and it all blended with my all black lace garter set and black pumps.

Not to toot my own horn, but I looked damn good. That boosted my confidence level up from a measly six to at least a fifteen.

I shrugged on the black silk robe and tied it around my waist before heading out of my curtained sanitary. I had walked in as Sophia and came out Roxanne.

Tonight, the set was of a bed room. I played the role of a lonely housewife and she awaits her husband's arrival from a business trip. The setup was pretty basic: White bedroom, large king sized bed with a matching wooden dresser and chest. A fake plant was pushed in the corner of the room and there was a large black area rug beneath the bed.

"Hey gorgeous. You ready?" Jet walked up to me with an excited glint in his eyes. He always gets like this on shooting days. I just gave him a small smile and nodded. I was staying focused and in character. There was no room for being timid here.

I walked to the prop wooden door and stood behind it, waiting for my que. But as I stood there, I rubbed my fingers across the smooth skin of my left ring finger. My heart skipped a beat as I thought back to Liam and I's conversation last night.

*

I stared at him as if he'd lost his damn mind. The ring sparkled in the light, and I gazed into those blue eyes. They had an eerie look about them at the moment, and his face was a hard mask.

"Liam? What the hell are you doing?" I asked. I'm not going to lie. Although this man was obviously out of his damn mind, my heart was still beating frantically in my chest.

He frowned, but not in a confused way, but as if he was extremely frustrated.

"My parents are threatening to cut me off."

I looked at him with a what-the-hell-does-that-have-to-do-with-marriage look.

"It's not just the money. They are going to take away my rights to my father's entire empire of hotels. I give them a bad name, but if I settle down I can ju-," his words were running together and I put a hand up to stop him.

"Stop. Please get up," I cut him off and gestured for him to get up and follow me. We walked past the bed, and I could hear Maddie's soft breathing.

The patio door slid open silently and the cool night air washed over me. It felt good against my now flushed skin.

"Now, tell me what the hell this is about," I demanded. I leaned against the balcony rail and folded my arms across my chest. The city lights glowed softly below us, bathing us in different lighting. It actually seemed sort of romantic.

"My father has this international multi-million dollar chain of hotels. I'm the oldest male, so of course I'm the heir to it all blah blah, sounds totally cliché' right?"

I raised my eyebrows. It sounded like those stories you read on Wattpad. When the girl and guy start off hating each other and then end up falling deeply in love, something throws a monkey wrench in everyone's lives, and then they go off to be happily ever after.