The Devil's Sweet Snare

AN: I know I said I was going to write about the baseball game thing but I couldnt figure out how to start it so my solution was to add a new character. (Am I an idiot or what?) This update is short and I'd really like to hear your opinions about the said new character, because I'm unsure as too whether he's going to be a main character or not. So let me hear what you think.

*

“You called?” He strutted confidently into my room like he owned the place and climbed onto my bed. He got just about as comfortable as he could get, with an ankle resting on his knee as he leaned back against the headboard and tucked his hands behind his head.

Ian, the future alpha of our pack, is a guy who knows what he wants and gets what he wants. He flat-out asked me if I’d wanted to hook up sometime when we first met at my mom’s wedding a month ago. I, of course being the rational one of the two, turned him down on the spot. But not even my outright rejection to his advances deterred him from flirting and coming on to me on a daily basis.

After staring at the drawing of my mate for I don’t know exactly how long, I finally ripped it out of the pad, crumpled into a nice little ball and chucked it in the trash where it belonged. So maybe I hadn’t completely forgotten about him. Maybe, the thought of going back brought up some pretty unwanted memories. Or maybe I was simply feeling a little sexually deprived and needed a good hot make out session. I decided on the latter and called up the best man that can help me be rid my current dilemma.

“I’ve decided to take you up on your offer.” I told him tentatively as I stared at him blankly. As soon as the words left my mouth, a feeling of dread came upon me. I mean, such a resolution could only mean either, I’m in love with him or I’m desperate. Again I’d decided on the latter; knowing for a fact that I didn’t hold any special feelings for the boy who’s currently sprawled on my bed, looking more relaxed as if the place was his own.

I then watched as the expression on his face morphed from one of confusion to understanding. A huge smile spread across his handsome face and next thing I know he was standing dangerously close to me. He backs me up against the wall; his head tilted to my level and a mischievous smirk had come to replace his genuine smile.

He gently pulls me to him and kisses me. It wasn’t the same kind of kiss I’d shared with my mate but that didn’t mean it wasn’t just as gratifying and insanely amazing. It was hot and rough and so electric I felt like I stuck my finger in the light socket.

And then before I had any say in it, Ian began to pull back, but I couldn’t let him. I knew I should’ve let him, but the kiss was just too incredible. So I grab his shirt and pull him closer, and his hands found their merry way all over me-in my hair, on my face, cupping bum, fitting me to his body. Finally we break apart. I’m panting and Ian’s not exactly as composed as when he came in. He rests his head on my shoulder; his every breath tickling my neck.

“I think we should stop before I do something I’ll really regret.” He murmurs, his voice like velvet next to my ear, as he ran a hand through my hair to cup my cheek.

“What do you mean?” I asked, disappointed. I’d needed a distraction and Ian was perfect.

He moves closer to me, as if it were even possible, to nuzzle my ear, and whispers, “You’re special and I really like you Phoebe. I don’t want to just hook up with you. I want an actually relationship between us. What do you say?” His voice was hard but his touch was gentle and I could see the desire in his eyes making me fall deeply into them.

“Cant,” I moan as he kissed my neck then my jawbone. His mouth is like a slow acting-drug, and I feel myself slowly getting addicted to it.

“Sure?”

“I don’t know.” I answer, trying to catch his mouth with mine; wanting more of the pleasure he had to offer.

“Let’s go out tomorrow to help you figure out your final answer.” He manages to evade my lips, then places a soft kiss on my forehead. Giving up and basically coming to my senses, I stare at the ground for a couple of seconds then looked at Ian.

“I can’t again.” I tell him. “I’m driving to my old town to watch my best friend’s baseball match.”

“Perfect,” he said, readily. “It’s a date.”

****

The incessant ringing of my alarm clock woke me up at exactly eight in the morning. An hour one shouldn’t be awake yet during a weekend. But despite the fact that I would much rather be out cold on my bed than anything else in the world, I got up for Hunter and got ready to leave. Seeing as Ian was already going with me I hadn’t bothered asking any of my brothers. I’d simply told them I was leaving and would be back late but none of them were actually conscious enough to even process wanting to stop me or even ask where I was going because I knew if they knew they’d be up on their feet and sticking dangerously close to me.

I was dressed in a casual blue long sleeve pocket denim shirt, deep color low waist straight cowboy shorts and classic sandals with intricately woven leather that covered my feet. I wore my long black hair loose and curled them a little at the ends. A few moments after I set myself down on the couch I hear a car park outside and the door bell ring. I grab my bag, put on my ray bans, my borsalino hat and head on over to open the door to find Ian standing there looking good enough to eat.

“Hey,” I greeted him awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

“Hey, yourself,” he said with a smile and kissed me on the cheek.

We got into his car and left for my old my old home.