chapter eleven

it was seven in the morning and surprisingly I was out of bed. Wendy, Nathaniel, and I were walking across the grounds and towards the mess hall.

"what're we here for?" groaned Nathaniel.

"just shut up and listen for once in your life." muttered wendy in return. i shot a dangerous glance at Nathaniel.

"take Wendy's advice. get your head out your ass for once and maybe participate and help camp, eh?"

we walked to the ares table and slid down, waiting for everyone to arrive. eventually everyone arrived and I glanced around the room. oli was sitting alone since ass had left camp the other day.

"alright guys!" callista called from the front of the room. "guess we're gonna call this meeting to order."

"hey, wendy." I whispered.

"yeah?"

"turns out I did tell someone about knowing about the traitors."

"who?"

"Chiron. y'know. before the whole monster incident."

she nodded and looked back to callista, who had mia next to her. mia didn't really look like an apollo kid. you'd expect them to have tan skin and blonde hair, but no. mia has long brown hair, with a few blonde strands. her eyes always have that understanding look, which would make sense for how caring she is.

"so.." she spoke, looking around.

"do we have patrols going right now?" savannah calls out.

"no, but I believe we'll be fine." callista responded.

"we should put people out there!" shouted wendy.

the sound of hoofs came from around the corner and chiron's torso came through. "alright, wendy, why don't you head out there. and savannah, go with her." he spoke smoothly. they pushed themselves up and walked off, talking to each other.

the rest of the meeting consisted of border patrol plans, defense ideas, and arguing. it was late afternoon when it ended, and at one point I was in front of everyone with a few others arguing. figures. i trudged back to my cabin, pushing open the door and falling onto my bed with a groan. i looked over at Wendy's bunk and raised an eyebrow as i saw she hadn't returned. I groaned once again and pushed myself up from my bunk and walked outside, grabbing a lantern and lighting it.

"Wendy?" I called out. "c'mon the harpies are comin' out!" I heard one screech as I raised my middle finger in the air, silently praying one wouldn't swoop by and cut it off. i sighed and glanced around the grounds, spotting a faint light by the Poseidon cabin. I jogged over, slowly down as I heard the sand next to the lake shifting. i turned the corner and stopped as i saw wendy and Tyler on the ground locking lips. aggressively. Tyler looked up and started to jump up as I shook my head."im-uh-im gonna go back to my cabin." I spoke before turning and hurriedly walking back to my cabin in the dark. I put the lantern out and set it on the porch as I walked back inside, leaving the door unlocked for Wendy. as I turned around there was a dark figure standing at the end of my bed.