chapter three

you'll do whatever it takes to keep your family and friends safe so hearing that we had traitors in the camp shocked me.

friends and family against each other. it was unfathomable. "who.. who did they leave for?" I asked rowan. she took a deep breath and muttered. "Kronos."

I sat straight up. "Kronos? as in evil Titan Kronos?" she nodded in reply.

"absolutely insane." I muttered. "who all left?" "we haven't had a head count yet, but we're pretty sure we already know who." I nodded and pushed the covers off of me. "I'm going to go get some fresh air."

the camp was quiet and everyone was either looking at the ground or looking around nervously. i kept walking until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw Beatrice. "hey aella, have you seen gabe?" she asked. I assumed she was looking for him because he was her brother, but I shook my head. "no, why?" "I just haven't seen him around." she shrugged. "thanks anyways." she spun on her heel and hurried away towards the pavilion in search of her half brother.

later that day i laid on my bed in a thoughtless state, not bothering to notice who was walking in and out of the cabin.

that night I fell into a fitful sleep.

-

I sat in a dark room on what I thought was a couch. a horrible feeling came across me and I tried to stand up. my body stayed unmoving and the feeling grew stronger. I knew it was a dream, but I wanted out. suddenly, the light flickered on and I realized where I was. I was sitting in the living room of my old apartment in ohio. "hello?" I called out. I was surprised at how easily my voice came out. I threw myself forward; expecting not to move, but fell onto the cold floor. now that i was free from whatever was holding me down i stood up cautiously, as if i was trying to walk on broken glass. the room was small and if you could imagine what old smelled like, well that's how it smelled and looked. the floorboards creaked as i walked towards the door at a slow pace. usually i wouldn't have payed any notice to the noise, but for some reason I felt as if I wasn't alone in the building. when i reached the door i suddenly heard voices that i hadn't heard before. was i not paying attention? i could make out two voices, a woman and a mans. "you can't just leave! she's barely ten months old!" the woman shouted. i pressed my ear to the door and listened intently. "babe, you don't understand. i have to go." the male. "I understand," the woman shrieked. "you just can't handle the responsibility of raising a child!" "i have business, allison! im sorry, but i have to go." I heard a few things moving, and the quiet sobs of the woman. Allison.. I remember that name. my eyes widen with realization when i hear the next few words. "what's her name going to be?" the man asks softly as a door creaks open. "aella." my mother. Allison was my mother.

before I can regain my thoughts as to what happened I heard a grinding noise behind me. like cement on cement. I turned around to see the back wall slowly moving towards me, closing the space. all the walls began moving in slowly and tauntingly. "it's a dream." i murmured to myself. my head ached and my mind screamed for answers, but no relief came. the walls were closing in fast now, and before they closed in on me I wake up from the dream with an earsplitting shriek.