chapter seven

I opened the door the big house slowly and held my breath. I cautiously stepped in, as if the floor was going to fall out from under my feet.

"hello? chiron?" i called out. my voice echoed through the empty hallways.

i closed the door behind me and took a further step into the dusty white room.

"where the hell is he?" i muttered to myself. usually Chiron would be trotting around or casually sitting in his wheelchair in full human form.

a noise echoed from a back room and I felt my blood go cold. there's nothing to worry about. probably just Dionysus, or even a pesky Hermes camper. i pushes myself forward into the hallway and headed towards the noise. occasionally there were pictures on the walls of chiron standing with campers, all with big smiles. well besides Dionysus who stood in the back with a large frown and a diet coke in hand. i stopped at one picture for a moment and stared at it. it showed two campers, a girl and boy who were holding hands. the boy had nearly black hair and bright blue eyes. he had a soft look to his face, but still looked about my age in an odd way. the girl next to him was totally different. she had dirty blonde hair with brown eyes containing flecks of gold. she was wearing a near smirk on her face, and a yankee's cap. underneath the picture a piece of paper was pinned to the wall. on it read, "Percy Jackson- son of Poseidon. Annabeth Chase- daughter of Athena." i remembered talk of the two, but i had no idea where they were now.

the noise echoed through the hall again, this time louder and pulling me away from the picture. i heard something fall with a loud 'clang' on the ground. i hurried towards the back room, my heart pounding in my chest. that's when i noticed the green fog billowing down the hallway.

"oh gods." i muttered and ran towards the room. i stood in the doorway, standing face to face with the oracle.

her lifeless, glowing eyes stared straight at me, and I nearly turned away before her arm shot out and grabbed my wrist tightly. panic bubbled in my chest as I shouted hopelessly, "let go!" her hand was freezing, but yet it still burnt my skin.

"aella cremark. daughter of ares. you've finally come." the words flowed out despite her dead appearance. the panic in my chest subsided and curiosity filled my head instead.

"why..why did you need me?" my voice came out stronger than expected and she replied with an icy tone.

"danger has come to camp half blood," she said. "and y-." her head flew back and her mouth opened wide as her grip on my wrist disappeared.

"all demigods shall feel the pain.

of loss, of sorrow, and all things that remain.

all demigods shall answer the call, and

in the fight between two, one shall fall."

that's when her body crumpled to the ground, leaving me standing alone and wide-eyed. that's when someone finally came and called out.

"what the hell happened?"