Chapter Thirteen

*◇*◇*◇
Harrison waited outside in the hallway waiting for any news of Vasco. It had been an hour since they arrived at the hospital and it was exhausting for Harrison to wait for that long as he longed for any good news about his employee.

Jake and the rest of the team kept working on their cases but their thoughts never left Vasco. They hoped he was alright. It worried them that they might lose him. They couldn't imagine being without him. The team needed him.

After Stewart finished his work, he stayed in his office and tried to think who the shooter was. If it was the same man trying to get rid of Alan, then it he had to be working alone. This gave them an idea that if he was alone doing all these terrible things, then they didn't have to look forward in taking down a group.

Alan waited by the phone in the station for Harrison's call. As time passed with minutes to an hour, everyone was more worried.

Finally, the phone rang and Alan quickly picked it up hoping it was Harrison.

"Hi," Harrison's voice was to be heard from the phone.

"Harrison, is everything okay? Did Vasco make it?" Alan asked eager to receive some good to relieve his worry.

"No," Harrison answered in lament and took a second to continue, "He didn't make it." These words stung Alan, it was something he didn't want to hear. Vasco was gone. "The doctor said something about his muscles in that arm being damaged pretty badly. He bled to death on the operating table before they could do anything."

Alan didn't reply and sunk into the chair. He felt like he had lost a friend.

"Alan," His bosses's voice was serious now. "I want you to know that we're still continuing the case."

Alan nodded, but Harrison didn't know that.

"We will find his killer, don't worry, Alan."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry, Alan."

Alan couldn't seem to take the hurt and hung up the phone imeadately as he didn't feel like talking to anyone.

"Is Vasco alright?" Detective Stiles asked who had Stewart beside him.

"No." Alan replied in a strained voice from trying to hide his hurt. He then left not giving the two anymore information about the phone call nor Vasco.

"I'm worried still for Vasco." Stewart admitted.

"Me, too." The detective confessed.

The two walked around the station talking about Vasco. They believed Vasco wasn't doing well as Alan didn't tell them that he died. As the conversation carried on, Rickie joined in too.

"I'm not just worried for Vasco, but Alan and everyone else." Rickie admitted.

"Yes," Stewart agreed. "I have to say, this is one of the scariest cases I've ever worked on. Espeacially when you know someone else out there is trying to end your life."

"I think whoever shot Vasco did it as a warning." Detective Stiles said.

"No," Rickie protested. "He or they have gone way too far. Two murders have already happened. We don't even know if their murders are tied to the same person."

"I'm pretty sure they are." The dective said.

"Oh my," Stewart said as he just realized something. "This could be three strikes and someone gets murdered for real."

"Someone already has been murdered." The detective said shaking head.

"If we want to continue this case," Rickie started. "Then we're going to have to do it in private where the killer won't know."