19

#6 In general fiction 🙌🏼

Kelly

I took a deep breath and looked at my grandmas house. Last time I was here she was laying in the floor close to death.

I pulled my phone out and went to the camera, examining my face. I had covered my bruise up with make up, I knew the glasses wasn't gone slide.

I turned my phone off and got out of my car, fixing my shirt I began walking up to the front door.

I knocked on the door twice and waited for it to be answered.

The door swung open and there stood my beautiful grandmother. I smiled wide, seeing her brightened my spirit. Especially since she looked so much like my dad.

"Grandma". I said immediately hugging her. Even though we had many complications in the past I felt like she was the only one I had family wise, aside from nick.

"Nykell, oh my I'm so happy to see you". She said embracing me tightly.

"I'm happy to see you too grandma". I said feeling teary eyed. I dont know why but I just got so emotional out of nowhere.

She pulled away from the hug."That's yo car?" She asked. I nodded.

"You got license?" She asked again. I shook my head. "No grandma"

It was silent before she looked at me and smiled.

"Come in baby, it's all hot outside". She said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside.

————

A couple of hours went by and we chatted. It felt so good talking to someone. Without being judged or looked over.

"Here's your dad when he was 2 years old". She said pointing at a picture of my dad. I smiled and ran my finger across his face.

"You remind me of him, strong, and hard headed". She chuckled. I laughed. "I miss him to much grandma".

"I miss him to girl, I think about him everyday, then I remember he still here".

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "What you mean by that ganny?"

She pointed to my chest. "He's there Nykell. In your heart. Your a reflection of him".

"Oh wow..". I said looking at her. She looked so serious. Like she was sure of what she was talking about. "That's good right?"

"Absolutely". She smiled and let out a breath. "So? Anything else you wanna chat about". She asked.

I shook my head. "No..not really". Her doorbell rung. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Expecting anyone?"I asked. She shook her head. "No, I don't think so". She stood up from her barstool and began walking to the door. "I'll be right back".

"Ok, make sure you look through the peephole before answering glam ma".

I spotted a cookie jar and immediately headed for it. I was so hungry even though I ate before I came here.

I heard laughter approaching the room. I dusted my hands off and waited for whoever it was to come.

"Your sister is here". I heard my grandma say. My heart dropped, because those four words helped me realize who it was. I haven't seen nick since I left, and I know he's so mad at me.

When nick walked into the kitchen he just stared at me. I cleared my throat and began saying something until he ran up to me and hugged me. "Where have you been!" He asked.