Chapter 16 - Trouble

Desrae

I was messing around with the guys at catering letting them see all the pictures of the special and prosthetic makeup. They were amused by the many kinds of makeup, from fantasy elves and trolls to sci-fi aliens and monsters, but they adored my favorite: horror. I got up to get seconds from catering when I saw my boss Kevin walks over.

"Desrae Jupiter." He said bitterly.

I wince, "I'm in trouble aren't I?"

"Very much so." He replies.

I sigh and walk away from catering with him getting ready to lecture me. We don't talk until we're far away from Black Veil Brides and knew we were out of earshot. I'm certain the guys wouldn't notice I was gone. They were too busy with pictures.

"You being with one of our main stage bands have distracted them from their practicing and you from all the work you're doing. I never fully approved of you staying with them and I can restrict you from them and vice versa, if you do not straighten up young lady." He says sternly.

"Y-yes sir. Yes Mr. Lyman. I promise I'll straighten up, the restriction is not necessary. I'll continue helping with whatever but I still do need to take those pictures for magazines and such." I say.

"Yes Miss. Jupiter but you need to focus on your priorities." Kevin says before walking off.

Andy was my number one priority...

I shake the thought from my mind. No, my job is my number one priority. I sigh and slowly shuffle back to the catering where Jinx had been looking for me. The rather quiet member smiled at me as he approached.

"Uh, why'd you leave?" he asks.

"I had to... deal with something." I sigh. "I have to go work, tell the guys that."

Jinx nodded and one arm hugged me before I had to dart away, pulling out a walkie talkie and spoke into it until I found out my jobs I needed to do.

~

I was about to pass out from setting up these stages, blowing up the water slide, everything in the heat took a lot out of me. I was about to take a position at one of the Vans tents when I saw BVB's stuff already being loaded onto the stage with a giant group already forming, and they weren't preforming for another twenty minutes.

I look around and smirk, running up to side stage to help with setting up the props, I lugged the wooden amp props and sat down beside one of them. I needed a drink of water and soon.

I pant, catching my breath and wiping the sweat from my forehead when I smell smoke and suddenly a hand is clamped over my mouth and drags me back.

I thrash and soon bit the guys finger, thinking it was one of the boys who were supposed to be setting up but heard the familiar yelp of my best friend.

"Hey! What the hell?" Andy pouts wiping the spit off his hand.

"Don't scare me like that!" I shout but had a smile on my place.

He pouted like a little kid, his blue eyes big and glossy, he reminded me of how he looked in third grade when he wanted something.

"What. Andrew?" I stifle my giggle and try to look stern.

"Nofing... I jus missed mai Dessee" he says in a baby voice.

I laugh a little too hard. Seeing Andy Biersack with his very deep, monotone voice go into a baby voice? Now that was as priceless as hearing his British accent. Andy ended up laughing too as the workers around us stared in envy, or angry that I wasn't working.

I wince, thinking about if Kevin came over and saw us laughing, and me slacking. I'd be in so much trouble and might get banned from my dear friends, my brothers.

"A-Andy I have to go work at the Vans tent. S-sorry." I stutter, my voice cracked from me trying not to cry. I couldn't be separated from him again.

"Woah, Des..." he said, knowing when I was going to cry.

He moved to hug me but I heard my walkie and heard Kevin's voice claim he was coming towards mainstage to check the sound systems.

I run away from Andy's trying to get back to work by getting out on stage where he couldn't follow. But he did.

Andy spun me around with an arm around my waist he tilted my head up to look at me. Hurt was in his eyes and across his face. "Desrae, don't run from me... Please."

I look over and see Kevin Lyman side stage, shaking his head and his arms crossed across his chest. Through his glasses I could feel his glare.

"Andy... I-I..." I couldn't finish it because all the fans grew hushed looking up at Andy and I.

Within this eerie silence I bite my tongue to keep from crying but it was too late. I burst out into sobs and cry into Andy's shirt. He immediately picks me up and I link my arms and runs where people can't see us, but the workers can.

Andy drops to his knees and holds me.

"He's- He's going to t-take me away... take me away f-from you A-Andy..." I stutter through my cries.

"I won't let him Des." Andy murmured. "I promise."

Picture on the side is Kevin Lyman

The video is Carolyn by BVB