Chapter 7 ~ Surprise!

“With that makeup on Andy, it reminds me of Chance and Andy… The Sweeny Todd one.” I chuckled, watching as his makeup was done for him.

He was about to shoot Knives and Pens with the guys in all white first, later today leaking into tomorrow would be all black and the actor Andy had picked to depict him was filming elsewhere. It was a big day and we all were excited.

“Big step…” I added, Andy being unusually quiet and tapping his foot, drumming his fingers on his knee.

“Andy… what’s wrong?” I ask looking at him.

His blue eyes were wide as he turned to look at me, the makeup lady leaving as she finished and left Andy and I alone in the vanity.

“I’m, very nervous.”  Andy admitted, looking in the mirror.

I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled encouragingly at him. “You know how proud I am of you?”

Andy shook his head.

“Well Mr. Biersack I know your song will change so many people’s lives you’ll see they’ll love you and the band. You, taking off for your true dreams were inspiration to me, and I’m so thrilled to have been your manager for a bit. I’m never gonna leave ya Andy.” I say looking at him and smiling shyly. “I’ll be here through everything. I promise.” I tell Andy.

He takes a shuddering breath and looks up at me. “You mean that?” he asks.

“Through all the up’s and down’s I’ll be here.” I nod.

Andy stands and hugs me, lifting me off the ground with his height and I smile at him. “You got this Andy Sixx.”

He winked at me and jogged over to the band as they were on the set with their instruments at the ready. He played with his mic and long cords as they awaited the director’s go.

I stood behind the camera and smiled at everyone. Ashley was joking around with Andy as the newbies just muddled around with their guitars at the ready, Sandra twirling her sticks absentmindedly.

“Knives and Pens, Black Veil Brides Official Music Video, Take 1. And, action!” The director calls out, the set growing silent immediately as the instruments started up, Andy off screen waiting until it was time for him to sing.

Soon it came and he walked out on the set singing perfectly and looking entertaining, constantly moving around to not bore the viewers and they got it completely right in two takes. The director was very impressed and gave his compliments to the band, eyeing Sandra who was the reason behind the second take.

Tomorrow would be another shooting day.

Andy smiled at me, he was out of breath as he ran up to me and hugged me, spinning us both around happily.

“I just shot a music video…” Andy said setting me down.

“You did, and it was fucking amazing!” I say squealing and jumping up and down.

Andy hugged me again, but it was one of those long hugs, I hugged him, my head fitting perfectly between his neck and his shoulder. I lay my head there as he spoke softly into my teased hair.

“Thank you Desrae…”

“For what?” I ask softly.

“Getting me here, getting this band alive, being here, being my best friend.” Andy listed off and rocked us back and forth.

“N-no problem Andy. It’s what I’m here for.” I smile at his words until a shrill call came from behind us.

“ANDY BABY I’M HERE! I DIDN’T MISS THE SHOOTING DID I?!”

The voice was so high a pitch, the familiar click of stilettos was all to accustom to me. Scout Taylor had arrived.

“Scout?!” Andy said in a gasp letting me go all too fast as he turned and ran over to Scout and hugged her, swinging her around like he had me; her screeching in glee.

“I came to see you! You happy I came?” Scout smiled at her boyfriend as I slowly shuffled away, walking back to the vanities, acting like I had forgotten something.

“Hell yeah I am. Oh I missed you!” Andy said kissing Scout.

My heart broke a bit and I held back the dam of tears that threatened to break. I was silly to think Andy and I had a moment, I’d never be anything other than a friend to Andy.

Ashley had noticed my sad mood and walked over to me, then up at Andy and Scout. He put an arm around me and sat beside me. “You like Andy, it’s easy to see.”

“That obvious?” I say wiping a stray rebel tear.

“A bit, but it’s okay. Soon he’ll realize it. I can tell Biersack likes you too.” Ashley said looking down at me kindly.

“Really?” I sniffle looking into Ashley’s warm chestnut eyes.

He nods and hugs me. “Just hang on little Rebel.”

I lean into Ashley limply knowing Scout would have to stay with Andy and I in our little hotel room for now.

This was heading towards darkness and disaster for me.