Biersack Besties

Intro

Age 8
Desrae's POV

I hugged my little stuffed horse close to my chest. I looked around at the new terrain, I wasn't used to this. A new school, new state, new city, new life. 

My mom pushed me forward. "Go Dezzy, you want to make a good impression of your first day of third grade."

"Mommy, I want to go back to Alaska." I whimpered.

I was in a frilly little zebra print and scarlet red dress with a little red rose clip in my raven black hair, and cute little red cowgirl boots on my feet.

"We can't baby, enjoy Ohio baby." she said kissing the top of my head. "Now do find your class."

I was shoved forward and looked back at my mother once before walking cautiously over to the busy playground and finding a wrinkled old woman with long, straight grey hair to her waist I met my third grade teacher Mrs. Aurora. 

Class passed quickly as we all introdiced ourselves and recess approached quickly. I walked outside as all the others in my class and the other classes joined the fourth grade classes at the playground. They ran in groups or pairs, but nobody accepted me into the posse. I hugged my toy horse again and sat on the curb, the side of the basketball court. 

I sat and almost started crying thinking I wouldn't fit in or be accepted. I was rather strange looking with my very pale complection, and my converse on with my little girlie dress that I hated, along with my straight black hair that reached my waist like Mrs. Aurora's.

Soon a shadow was cast over me and I look up to see who was blocking the sun. A boy stood over me.

He was pale like me, and he had shaggy blonde hair, he wore nice black jeans, converse, and a nice Aropostale shirt. He had freckles and a slight blush, one of his front teeth was missing as he smiled at me and held out a hand. 

At first I winced thinking he was going to hit me and begin the taunting but he just shook my hand. 

"My name's Andrew, but you can call me Andy!" He says cheerfully in a high pitched voice. 

"I'm Desrae." I say shaking his hand and he helps me up.

"You have no friends?" He asked, seeing I was alone.

"No, i'm new." I reply looking down and pet my stuffed horse.

"I'll be your friend, I have no friends either." Andy smiled, causing me to smile too and showing my missing cainine.

And with that he winked at me and we raced to the playground.

~~~ (fast forward: 6th Grade) ~~~

Andy and I lay in the field. He and I had been friends ever sense I showed up in Ohio and it was after school, nobody was around other than straggling kids. 

Andy had grown, his hair was still blonde and shaggy, most ofhis freckles had dissapeared and our tastes had evolved. We wore dark clothes, listened to Rock. We adored it.

"Andy?" I ask suddenly, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Yeah, Des?" He asks, not takign his gaze from the beautiful blue sky.

"We'll be friends forever, right?" I ask.

His gaze and mine tore from the sky to each other at the same moment. WEe just stood looking at each other a moment.

"Oh course Desrae, we'll be friends forever." He replies.

"Pinky promise." I say holding up my pinkie finger.

"Pinky promise." He smiled at me and we hooked pinky fingers.