Chapter 1 - You Are Invited

Yello guys, here comes the first chapter! (Sorry if its bad, I'm really used to writing oneshots) Peace!
—————————————————————

Third Person POV:

"Not again..." Dipper sighed. The Triannual Willow Ball was coming up next week, and Dipper had just received the invitation. Dipper is 18 years old right now, and this is his second time attending. He was always a very lonely guy, and he didn't have many friends besides his sister Mabel, Wendy, Soos, and Pacifica. All of his friends already had soulmates, and Mabel and Pacifica already knew they were soulmates. 

Dipper closed his eyes and pulled at his choker. He stared at the little golden triangle, wondering why he hadn't already found his soulmate. It was so easy for everyone else, but then he remembered how antisocial he was.

Dipper looked at the invitation again.

~~~~~~The Council of Gravity Falls~~~~~~

You are cordially invited to the Triannual Willow Ball on June 25, 2018. Attendance is mandatory.  Wear your most formal attire and arrive promptly at 5:00 PM. We hope you will find your soulmate this year.

Remember, all that glitters is gold.
Best wishes and farewell. We will see you at the ball.
- The Council -

~~~~~~~~~~~~Gravity Falls~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dipper pulled at the collar of his black shirt. Suddenly, he heard the sound of thundering footsteps behind him.

"Oh no..." Dipper thought.
"DIPPINGSAUCEEEEEE!!!" Mabel screamed as she tackled her twin to the ground.

"I HEARD ABOUT THE WILLOW BALL!!! CAN ME AND PAZ HELP MAKE YOUR OUTFIT!!! PLEAAASEEEE?" Mabel yelled in her brother's ear. She climbed off of him and started jumping up and down.

"I don't know Mabel, I mean I was just going to rent a suit from-" Dipper said, but he was interrupted as he stood up.

"Dipper Pines, so help me, if you do not let me and Pacifica make you a dres- I mean outfit for the ball, I will force five cups of Mabel Juice down your throat. Do you hear me?!" Mabel threatened, a dangerous glare settling on her face.

Dipper's eyes widened and he backed away from his crazy sister. Mabel smiled again and laughed.

"I'm just kidding. I won't do that but...Pleeassseeee?" she begged with big doe eyes and a smile on her face.

Dipper couldn't find it in his heart to say no.

"...Ok." He relented.
Mabel squealed and jumped up and down. She walked over to the stairs and looked up.
"HEY PAZPAZ, GET DOWN HERE!!!" Mabel yelled up the stairs.

"WHAT DO YOU NEED, MABES?" Pacifica yelled faintly from upstairs.
"DIPPER'S LETTING US MAKE HIM AN OUTFIT FOR THE WILLOW BALL!!!" Mabel screamed back.

Pacifica came flying down the stairs three seconds later, carrying a tape measure and ruler. She started taking measurements from Dipper, who was stunned and quite frankly didn't know what was happening. Pacifica wrote down some numbers on a notepad that she pulled from her pocket.

"Mabes, I've got the measurements. Do yu have a certain design for the dress?" Pacifica said to Mabel.
"I've had a design ready since April! I'm sooooo excited!" Mabel giggled.

"Wait what? I'm wearing a DRESS?!" Dipper said. "I didn't agree to- Ok fine whatever."

Pacifica and Mabel ignored Dipper's outburst and ran upstairs, getting their supplies ready for Dipper's dress.

"We'll show you the dress a few days before the ball, just in case adjustments need to be made!" Pacifica yelled as she disappeared into her and Mabel's room.

Dipper walked over to the couch and picked up his book, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland. (I don't own this, it's by Lewis Carrol.) Dipper started humming as he read along.

But soon he became restless and he couldn't focus on the book anymore. Dipper sighed. He put the book down and leaned back on the couch cushions, hugging his knees. Dipper pulled up his sleeve and looked at his soulmark, a blue pinetree. Then he pulled his black wire choker away from his neck and stared at the little yellow triangle with a bow tie and top hat.

"I really hope I find my soulmate this time. I'm getting tired of being single and lonely. I don't want to wait anymore." Dipper thought. If only.

——————End of chapter——————

I originally planned to add in Dipper's dress, but I thought I'd add that in next chapter, which is going to be the Willow Ball. So yeah. Hope you enjoyed, if this was crappy then let me know because I'm bad at writing stories and not oneshots. PEACE OUT MY GUYS GALS AND NONBINARY PALS!