Chapter 12

"Nooooo," I groaned as the steady beeping of an alarm clock awakened me. Ryan leaned over and turned the alarm off before I could feel him gently try to move away from me so that he could get out of bed. "Ryan no," I groaned again as I wrapped my arms and legs around him.

I felt the rumble of his chest under my head as he chuckled, "You know, some of us have to get up and go to work." And there was that sexy morning voice again.

"I know just 10 more minutes and then I'll get up with you and make breakfast," I pouted looking at him with the best puppy dog eyes I could muster, having just woken up.

He smiled as he sighed, "You're too cute to say no to."

In return, I gave him a big cheesy grin, "Thank you baby," I said as I leaned up to gave him a kiss on his jawline and snuggled in closer to him.

"Are you going to be ok on your own today?"

"Of course I am," I looked up to meet his eyes, "Ryan, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"I know you can, I just wanted to be sure," he paused, "You could always come to work with me again?"

I sighed, sitting up and taking his large hand in my smaller ones, "If you aren't comfortable with me being alone in your apartment, I will go with you. But I promise you that I will be okay on my own."

He sat up as well to make eye contact with me, "It's not that, I just, I worry about you being all alone. What if you have a panic attack or something and I'm not here?"

I laughed softly and leaned up to kiss him on the forehead reassuringly, "Ryan, you're not always going to be here to protect me from the big, scary world. I will probably just spend the day unpacking, who knows maybe I'll even do some baking. I promise I will not hurt myself and I will probably not set your apartment on fire."

He grinned at that and shook his head, "Alright, but you promise you'll call if anything happens?"

"I promise," I told him holding out my pinky. He scoffed but linked his pinky in mine anyway. We both broke into a fit of giggles.

"Now I do believe I was promised breakfast?"

I nodded, a huge smile still on my face, "I will get right on it as soon as I brush my teeth." With that I hopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

Breakfast consisted of omelettes since we desperately needed to go grocery shopping and couldn't make much else with what we had. We smiled and joked while we ate. It was perfectly domestic.

"Ok, text or call me if you need anything at all today," Ryan told me as he stood by the front door. I walked forward and placed my hands on the back of his neck.

"Ryan go to work and have a fantastic day, I promise I will be fine," I smiled and pulled his head down to meet mine in a quick kiss.

"Alright I should be home at 4 or 5, have a good day."

"I will," I smiled and gave him one more kiss before he left. As I was walking away from the door I noticed his ring still sitting on the shelf in the entryway, where he set it after taking it off Friday night. I grabbed it and rushed to the door flinging it open, "Ryan!"

He spun around quickly, a startled look on his face, "What?"

"You forgot your ring."

His confused look turned into a grin as he replied, "I know," and with that he gave me a small wave, turned back around, and kept walking. I slowly walked back into the apartment, smiling like a fool as I set the ring back down.