Chapter 5

By now it was about 12:30 and I had stayed true to my word, staying out of everyone's way and not distracting them. Instead, I sat beside Ryan at his desk just watching him work and every now and then he would explain to me what he was doing while editing videos. I swear I could watch him work forever, that adorable little look he got on his face when he was concentrating on something, biting his lip when he got frustrated, and his hands. Oh god, his hands! Did I mention how nice his hands were? Because they were really nice, strong, and much larger than my own. And apparently still wearing a wedding band. Huh I'll have to ask about that later. Ugh I'm such a weirdo. What is wrong with me? Why am I so obsessed with his hands? You need to stop, you're not allowed to like this guy, it will only make it harder when he ends up hating you just like everyone else does. I let out a defeated sigh and he looked over at me with an understanding smile.

"I know it's boring, sorry." He glanced over at the clock before looking back at me, a wider smile now on his face, "Wanna go get lunch? I've got an hour break."

"Uh, yeah sure." I stuttered out, and stood up after he did to follow him out.

"I'm going to lunch!" He yelled out to no one in particular, earning a grunt in response from Geoff. "So, what do you feel like eating?"

"I don't care, I'm not really hungry." I lied to him, looking down at the ground. He grabbed my arm stopping me, we had made it halfway through the parking lot.

"Abigail, you need to eat." He told me, looking in my eyes with a worried look.

"I know I'm just not very hungry right now, don't worry about me I'm fine." I told him with a big cheesy grin that I could tell he didn't buy completely, but he gave in anyway.

"Alright, let's go then." He told me with a small smile, his arm sliding from my arm to lock our fingers together. He started laughing as I took off skipping the rest of the way through the parking lot, dragging him along behind me.

"Come on slowpoke! Keep up!" I yelled at him through my giggles.

"My god, you're like a child!" He yelled back, trying to stop his laughter and hide his smile. He tripped and almost took both of us out. At this I lost it completely, laughing so hard I almost fell over. I noticed the slight pink blush that spread across his face. I didn't think it was possible for him to get any more adorable but apparently, I was very wrong. I hadn't even realized that during my little breakdown I had begun to lean on him and we were now standing very close to one another. He seemed to notice too and an awkward silence fell over us as we stepped apart. I cleared my throat before trying to relieve the awkwardness.

"Fine, I'll slow down old man." I said sarcastically, bringing back a more joking atmosphere between us.

He put his hand on his chest, feigning offence, "How dare you? I'm not even that old!" A happy smile returning to his face.

I chuckled at this at this as he unlocked the car, both of us getting in. "How old are you? You never told me."

"I'm 36. You?" He gave a quick glance before turning back to focus on the road.

"You are not 36! Ryan, you look maybe 30." It was his turn to laugh at this. Ugh the sound of him laughing will be the death of me. Making these stupid butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"I can assure you I'm being completely honest with this one. Thank you for saying that though." Wow he looked damn good for his age!

"So, mister 36, I am a lot younger than you."

He laughed at that, "Oh ya? How old are you then?"

"Nope, you have to guess."

"Oh, god you really are a child," he laughed at me. "Okay, um 26?"