Chapter 7

"Stop being stubborn and let me help you!" I groaned at Ryan. As much I loved the view from the breakfast bar while watching him cook, I was so bored of sitting around. He looked up from where he was chopping vegetables to give me a look that told me I wasn't going to get my way.

"No, just sit and relax."

"Ryan, I have been sitting and relaxing all day. I'm bored." He set his knife down giving me his full attention. "Look, I'm not asking you to let me cook you a five-course meal, I just want to help chop vegetables or something."

With a sigh he finally agreed, "Fine, you chop up the vegetables and make the salad." I let out a small squeal jumping up from my seat. "But that's it. When you're done you're going back to relaxing, okay?"

I giggled giving him a mock salute, "Yes sir," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and took his place chopping vegetables.

"Sir huh? I could get used to that." He teased and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Oh shut up or I'll start with the pet names again, Pumpkin Pie." I said, trying not to sound as embarrassed as I was, focusing all of my attention the task at hand. I hadn't noticed that he had moved to stand behind me until he put his hands down on the counter on either side of me. I jumped as I felt his hot breath hit the back of my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "No I think I prefer sir." My breath hitched in my throat at how low and sexy his voice was, and I suddenly became all too aware of how close we were. As he pulled back his arms, he made sure to brush his hand against the exposed skin on my hip where my shirt rode up a bit. His touch seemed to set my skin on fire and I felt like I was about to melt into a puddle right in front of him.

He lingered a moment longer behind me and when he finally walked back over to the stove I cleared my throat, "Right, I'll uh, I'll be right back." He chuckled lowly as I walked down the hallway and into my room, shutting the door and sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. My hands trembled as I tried to catch my breath and stop my imagination from putting anymore dirty thoughts into my mind. My goodness, how does this man do this to me with a sentence. I don't think I've ever lusted towards someone this hard before.

I jumped as I heard a knock on the door, hitting the back of my head on the wall. "Shit."

"You okay in there?"

"Oh, y-yeah, I'm f-fine." I managed to stutter. Wow, good job making yourself sound like a complete idiot.

"Can I come in?"

"Um, I guess. Just give me second." I took a deep breath trying to calm my heartbeat and hopefully keep from jumping him when I opened the door. I stood up and opened up the door slowly, trying not to look at him.

"Sorry about what just happened, I tend to be a bit... impulsive sometimes. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I should probably think before doing shit like that."

"No, it's okay. It's not that I was uncomfortable, I was just a little too comfortable with that and it kind of freaked me out a bit." He was silent for a moment, trying to process what I had just said, before he grabbed my chin lifting my face and making me look at him. He searched my eyes for a few second as if trying to tell whether or not I was lying.

He broke out into a huge grin, "So you're into that kind of shit, huh? The whole domination thing?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes, "And Ryan's back." I pushed him out of the doorway and against the wall. "I think dinner's burning." I gave him a playful smirk before sauntering off back to the kitchen making sure to put an extra little sway in my hips. He came in a few seconds after me acting as if nothing had happened, but I hadn't missed the dumbfounded look he had been wearing when I walked away from him. We finished making dinner and sat down to eat, joking and laughing as usual. It was crazy how fast the mood could change between the two of us. From lustful to friendly in an instant.