Chapter 28

I was waiting outside, in the waiting room with John, Sarah, Lisa, Max and Catherine, who was sitting on my lap. I was reading Catherine a book and she was smiling so much. Max was looking at me with concern and I smiled weakly at him. John was pacing around with his hands in his pockets, muttering to himself about who knows what. Lisa was sitting next to me, reading the other half of the book with me and Sarah was helping John calm the fuck down because he's not the only one worrying here.

"You may come in now" the nurse said. John rushed in there quickly to see Amanda, yup, they so like each other. I put Catherine down and held her hand as we walked in.

"Are you ok?" Max whispered, worriedly, to me.

"Yeah" I smiled.

Max smiled back and he put an arm around my shoulder. We walked in and already Lisa was near Jack and Jack was sitting up, smiling. Amanda was smiling like an idiot, blushing as she talked to John and I could even see John smiling a genuine smile, wow, weird right? Anyway I walked over to Amanda, leaving Jack to talk to Lisa.

"How are you holding up Amanda?" I asked, sitting down and pulling Catherine on my lap. Max sat next to me and Sarah sat next to Max. Amanda smiled at us, widely.

"I'm ok, they just told me that I may have a bruise around my stomach but otherwise, I'm fine" Amanda said, cheerily. Wow, John sure made her happy as hell, huh?

"That's great Amanda!" I said and wrapped my arms around her neck, in a hug. Amanda laughed and hugged back. We then pulled away from the hug and I sat back down.

"Thanks but I hope it gets better because it hurts a lot" Amanda said, holding her stomach.

"You're strong Amanda, I'm sure you'll survive" I reassured her.

"Thanks Amy" Amanda smiled.

"No problem" I smiled back. I walked over to stand next to Max.

"I'm so sorry for what happened Amanda, I feel so guilty" Sarah said, apologetically.

"It's ok Sarah, it's not your fault, remember?" Amanda joked, hitting Sarah's arm playfully. Sarah laughed before smiling.

"I'm glad you're alright Amanda" Sarah said and hugged Amanda as well. Amanda smiled and hugged back before pulling apart from the hug again and Sarah sat back down as well. Catherine ran up to Amanda and hugged her.

"Hey Amanda!" Catherine squealed.

"Hey Cat" Amanda laughed, hugging her back and pulling her onto her lap. I smiled and sat back.

"Hey Amy?" I heard making me jump. I looked up to see Lisa and I sighed of relief. I smiled at her.

"Yes Lisa?" I said.

"Jack wants to see you" Lisa smiled as she motioned her head to the side. I smiled back.

"Ok, thanks Lisa" I said and Lisa winked before leaving. I stood up and walked over to where Jack was. Jack instantly smiled when he saw me and I sat next to him on the chair.

"Hey Jack" I greeted and I moved a piece of his hair away from his eye as I smiled down at him. "How are you doing?" I asked.

"Eh, I've been better" Jack said, shrugging.

"What are the injuries?" I asked.

"I just have a black eye which will heal in a month or something and maybe a broken rib" Jack said, pointing to his eye and stomach.

"Wait what?" I asked in disbelief. "A broken rib?" I asked yet again in disbelief. Jack laughed and nodded. "That little weasel" I growled in anger. Jack took my hand and pulled my hand making me stumble forward, so my face was inches away from his. My eyes widen and I blushed. Jack moved a piece of my hair, behind my ear and kissed my forehead.