Chapter 7 (Edited)

As soon as I heard my alarm start blaring out loudly, echoing throughout my room, I knew it was the dreaded day. I wanted to throw my alarm across the room but that would mean throwing my phone and that's too precious to me. It's senior year and I already can't wait to finish it. It's going to be a long year that I'm not ready for.

Amanda and I planned to meet up at the café across from our school to grab a cup of coffee and something to eat before we go to class. The only thing that can get me through the day is seeing Amanda after having only been able to talk to her on the phone for two years. I'm surprised we were able to stay close friends but thank god we managed.

I threw the blanket off my body and got up before tying my neon pink ombre hair in a messy bun. Some strands fall along the sides of my face. I was quick to change even though I was still half asleep. I was tempted to go back to bed and skip the day but I know that would mean avoiding the inevitable. That and I'm sure Amanda would show up at my house to drag me there.

"Bye, everyone! Hope you don't mind that I'm borrowing your motorcycle, Max!" I shouted as I left the house, quickly grabbing my brother's keys before he could protest and stop me.

"Wait! Don't you dare Am-"

I was out the door before he could finish the sentence, already hopping onto his bike. I quickly drove off to avoid the likely lecture he would give for taking his bike. I know this is dangerous but Dillon has been teaching me since after we had our first date. It was sweet even though he kept worrying that I would fall off or something.

I parked out front of the café, noticing Amanda wasn't here yet unless she was hiding somewhere. I took a deep breath as my mind drifted off to the previous night and the regret that I had returned instantly. I attempted to shake the thoughts out of my head even though I probably looked strange doing that when I'm alone.

"Amy!"

I almost fell to the floor when I got off the bike when Amanda tackled me in a big bear hug. I stumbled back with the motorcycle saving me from making impact with the ground. Amanda was squealing in my ear as I laughed, hugging her back. I forget that when she hugs people, she tends to almost crush them or injure them because she practically attacks people but with her arms.

"Welcome back! Never leave me again!" she shouted.

"Ok, ok, I missed you too, I promise I won't leave again," I laughed.

"You better mean it or else I will hunt you down," she jokingly threatened.

"Stop being scary and let's go eat," I said.

"Oh right, food..." she trailed off before running inside to quickly order at the counter.

I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless. It's like nothing has changed between us and that's what I love about our friendship. Amanda and I both ordered a croissant and hot chocolate each before deciding to sit against the open window that faces out onto the street.

"I meant to say this before that I like the new look but the way you dressed before was still amazing on you," Amanda commented.

"Thanks, I liked the way I looked before too but I did this for me," I said. It's the truth. I wanted to do something for myself for a change.

"Hey as long as you weren't forced, it's all good, you're stunning," Amanda said with a grin.

"Thank you," I smiled.

During our time at the café, Amanda managed to convince me to try out for the dance team. I would prefer it to be a music club or something but unfortunately, our school doesn't really have that due to budget because of course. We have everything but music. I don't know how that's possible but I guess music isn't as important to the people here at all. Apparently, I was trying out to replace a girl who had dropped out due to a broken leg, unfortunately. Poor thing.