Chapter 10 (Edited)

A/N: The picture above is Dillon (character inspiration)

I stared at myself in the mirror with a deep frown. The red and white dress I wore was all right and it fit me well but the length is what bothers me. Others can wear this and be fine but for me, there are times when it's okay and times when my insecurities start to act up so I become uncomfortable and want to retract into my shell as if I were a turtle, if only. 

This was one of those moments for me. I'm just imagining everyone looking at me and judging me for the way I look just because I probably can't pull off this outfit.

"You look fine Amy, can you please just trust me on this?" Amanda asked with a sigh as she stood from the bed to walk over to stand next to me. She wore the same outfit as me but she could pull it off better than me. She had the confidence and the body.

"But what if-"

"Don't you dare put yourself down or so help me you will regret it."

I sighed and stared at my carpeted floor. Amanda was being a supportive friend and trying to help me but I had a stubborn mind. I can admit that although it's annoying it's hard to change my mindset when I'm so set on it. And now my mind is set on the one thought: you're going to be made the laughingstock of the whole school again.

"Amy, I can promise you on my life that you look absolutely stunning in that outfit, I'm sure all the guys in our school will go crazy for you in it although they're all pretty dense and um, how do I put this? Assholes most of them," Amanda stated as if it were a fact with a smirk. I chuckled. "Ah! You laughed! That's what I want to see!" she exclaimed. I shook my head with a smile. Only very few people can truly take my mind off my innermost darkest thoughts.

"Thanks."

"Anytime, you know you're like my sister, I'll always be there to put a smile on your face and be there to support you, even if I'm going through something myself," she said.

The thing was, she was telling the truth. There have been times when I'd be distressed and Amanda has come to my rescue to keep me company even though she was going through some things. One time she had gone through a bad break-up back when we were sixteen. She flew all the way over to visit me because I was depressed for a week and hadn't left my room over the death of my grandmother from my father's side.

My grandfather died when I was three and we never got to visit my grandparents from my mother's side since they lived quite far but I was close to her. Amanda knew this and came to comfort me even though she kept her feelings to herself. It took almost a month for her to tell me when she broke down. I made sure to comfort her like she did for me.

"I think it's time to go now deer," Amanda spoke up, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at her when she started to snicker to herself. I raised a brow. She pointed to my head. I felt the top of my head until my fingers brushed the headband. I shot her a glare as soon as I realised what she was referring to. She had put the antlers on my head while I was lost in the clouds. Well if I didn't look ridiculous before, I certainly do now. An even more of a reason for people to laugh at me like children.

"I hate your puns and mockery," I grumbled. Amanda simply stuck her tongue out.

"You love me you little shit," she grinned. I grabbed the antler headband from her open bag sitting on my bed and placed it on her head with a grin of my own.

"That's true, don't forget you are a great deer," I teased. She glared at me. She stepped forward but I ran off, grabbing my bag from beside my door as I did so while laughing. I could hear Amanda's stomping footsteps rushing to follow me.