Chapter Sixteen

GUYS!!!!! This is a longer chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

A picture of Alana is attached to the side :)

Sorry in advance for any spelling errors and punctuation mistakes.

***

‘Bend at your knees more and stick your arms out for balance!’ I cupped my hands around my mouth to project my voice so Michael could hear me over the crashing sound of the waves breaking into the relaxing water.

About 20 minutes ago I ditched my board up on the beach and settled for standing in the white water to ‘guide’ Michael as he attempted to stand up.

 As the afternoon progressed and as night time approached, there were a couple of last minute surfers who joined us in the water to catch one last session before the sun disappeared. Michael and I had slowly started moving down more and more to the left so we could get out of everyone’s way, much to Michael’s disgust. ‘Why can’t they move for us?’ he rhetorically grumbled every time I told him to move left.

I stifled another laugh as Michael fell straight off the back of the board and into the water once again. ‘This is ridiculous,’ he muttered as he waded over to me. ‘How the fuck do you manage to stay on your feet?’

‘Practice buddy, lots and lots of practise.’ I grinned. ‘All though, we’ve been at this for about an hour or so. You should be standing up for at least a couple of seconds instead of falling off straight away,’ I teased. Michael mumbled grumpily something under his breath and I lightly shoved his shoulder out towards the deeper part of the ocean and told him to try again.

‘Why don’t I go in and you still surf? I’ll watch’ he suggested.

‘You’re giving up?’ I asked smugly.

‘No, I’m simply postponing mastering the activity.’ He said with a straight face.

‘So in other words, you’re giving up,’ I smirked at his change of words. ‘You loser.’ I joked.

‘Loser?’ he questioned in an amused tone, raising an eyebrow.

‘Yeah, a loser.’ I smirked. ‘You’re a loser because you suck at surfing and you’re giving up, I teased him playfully.

‘Alana,’ he growled in warning.

‘Loser.’

Another growl.

‘Michael is a loser,’ I half sang in a teasing tune multiple times, watching him in amusement as he slowly started getting more and more irritated with each time I sang it. I knew it was cruel to purposely piss him off, but it is great entertainment.

‘I’m not a loser.’ He frowned, eventually sick of the song after a couple more times repeating it.

‘Sure you’re not buddy, so try again.’ With a huff, he turned his board around and headed back out. I watched as his tanned skin glow under the sun and the muscles expand and contract as he pulled himself up and onto the board and paddle out the back again. Once he reached the spot he needed to be, he sat on the board and turned his head to wink at me.

The only thing he will be mastering with surfing, is sitting on the board, I thought with an amused smile.

One wave rolled past and Michael made no attempt to catch it, so I closed my eyes and tilted my head to face the sun. The warm sun rays fell onto my skin and I gladly accepted the warmth. With the sun going down, the temperature was slightly dropping with it but it still remained warm outside.