Chapter Nine

Here is chapter nine! If you like the chapter and/or the story, please make sure to vote, comment and share. Would mean heaps to me :)

I appologise if there is any spelling or grammer errors. Feel free to point them out for me to fix.

**********

Nothing.

There was no anger at all, no unpleased looked showing on his features and not even a slight growl of disapproval from him. His face stayed blank, but it wasn't the blank that was hiding emotion. It was just blank.

'I anticipated you say that, which brings me to the next thing we need to talk about.' Michael said. 'My rules.'

By now my jaw was practically on the ground. It wasn't necessarily him saying he will be having rules, but his whole calm act he has going on. Every other time I mentioned or even hinted at leaving, he would turn all possessive and angry. But not this time.

'Your rules?' I finally managed to squeak.

'Yes. My rules.'

'And what would they, ahh, be?' I managed to get out.

'You have to give us a chance.' He stated simply. There was no unspoken add on's to the rule, no underlying meaning, just simply to give him a chance.

From the look on his face, my confusion and hesitant expression didn't please him at all.

'Alana,' he firmly stated, stopping me from protesting. 'I understand this whole situation is difficult for you but you have to understand. I was raised with the idea of mates and the unconditional love our relationship will have. I was raised solely on one purpose; protect and love my mate. I don't know any different. This is what is deemed right by wolves.' He explained, his eyes boring into mine.

Michael's expression slowly morphed into a small frown when he noticed me visibly flinch at the word 'wolves.' The whole idea of werewolves existing still confused me so much, and I didn't know how to feel about the situation.

Yes, it's obviously incredible how a person with the right genes or right something can shift their whole body and change completely into another living thing naturally. But at the same time, it was horrifying. I've seen what he looks like. And it's scary. The amount of damage he could do to me while he was looking like a human would be severe, but as a wolf? I would be dead in seconds, less even.

'Humans are raised with the concept of finding their mate and slowly building up the relationship with them. But what they realise is that they practically never choose the right one. Every human in the world had been paired with their other half, it's just there to damn lazy to go and find them.' He explained, spitting the last part.

'And if they do, they have to get to know the person better and slowly work on the relationship. Wolves had the same process but it's just sped up to keep the population constantly increasing. The mating pull is much stronger for a wolf, so-' he kept explaining but I quickly cut him off.

'Mating pull?' I asked in confusion. This was all so much information and I was having trouble keeping up with it all.

'Yes a mating pull.' He nodded his head slowly. 'It's the invisible pull I have to you that makes me so attracted to you, and you me.' He explained. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion wondering what the hell he was talking about.

'You don't feel it do you?' He asked in disbelief, just wanting me to say that I did and to prove him hypothesis wrong. His whole posture visually slumped down and his eyes held hurt. His eyes were desperately searching mine, trying to find some sign of affection from me or any sign at all but confusion.