Part 6

Hi there guys!

As always I got stuck with some responsibilities that I couldn't ignore but I hope I make up with this part!

Thank you so so much for the comments and votes, they really make me super happy!

This part turned incredibly cheesy but I guess there is nothing wrong with a bit of cheesiness, right?

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________

Author's POV:

She had cried a lot that day. And she finally let herself be consoled by him. He had held her close and didn't let go of her, even after her sobbing faded away. They were sitting on his couch when the tiredness took over and she fell asleep in his arms. She still hasn't replied to his request, but he wasn't going to push her. He knew that it will take time, and he was determined to give her the time she needed.

After a few hours she woke up, slightly disorientated when she realised that she had fallen asleep in Zain's arms. He was asleep too, her body was half on top of his, their legs tangled together. Her first thought was to immediately get up and leave, but then when she looked up at his sleeping form, she reconsidered. He looked so peaceful, and calm. Slowly she put her head back on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat which calmed her thoughts once again.

However, he was not asleep. He just had his eyes closed and was relieved that she didn't leave, and he took this gesture as a yes to his question. He tightened his hold on her slightly, and so they lay there together for some more time, knowing that there will be a journey of uncertainty ahead of them.

Aditi's POV:

"Can you promise me one thing?", I asked quietly, a few days later, before they were shooting their last scene of the show, we were on the bed doing the dream sequence of Neil where he imagines Avni lying beside him. "Haan, anything", he said with a soft smile. 

I gulped at his immediate response and took a deep breath. "Regardless of what is going to happen, will you promise me to stay friends no matter what happens, even if I-", I started, but gulped as I realised what I was about to ask him to sacrifice. He didn't push me, he was just looking at me, the soft smile never leaving his face.

So, I took all the courage left in me and allowed myself to say it out loud. " - even if I allow you to try to prove me wrong?", I breathed out.

When he then slightly turned towards me without saying anything I got a little scared, but he only held out his pinky towards me, making me smile as well. "I pinky-promise you", he said when I slowly linked my pinky with his. "Okay?", he asked smiling widely now. "Okay", I agreed, feeling as if a burden was taken off my shoulder for the first time.

Author's POV:

Fast forward about 6 months. And she had to admit that she was having the best time of her life. He made sure to take it slow and he started small but never left a stone unturned when it came to show her how much he cared. It started with meeting at each other's places for casual dinner or lunch breaks with common friends to ease into it. She got to know his friends more and more and now she can safely say that she was a part of it as well. She was immensely grateful for this as she started to miss her family as soon as Naamkaran ended.

Then slowly but surely, he started to ask her out on small coffee dates but of course without any pressure. They were just hanging out as friends, enjoying each other's company. They would even fight about whose turn it is to pay.