Part 5

Hi guys!

I am so incredibly sorry for the long wait. I had other ideas that didn't fit into this story and I got caught up with this thing called life...

As always: thank you so so much for your votes and comments, they are really motivating and you guys are too sweet. 

Anyways, here I am with a new chapter. 

Hope you like it!

_________________________________________________

They both barely slept that night. She was lying on the hotel room bed her heart hammering in her chest every time she closed her eyes, remembering how he had made her feel a few hours ago blushing furiously. Her thoughts were consumed by him and only him. She sighed deeply and turned to lie on her side. The more she thought about what happened the more confused she got. So many questions were floating around in her head.

Aditi's POV:

Did he come here just for me? What if I am indeed making a mistake by pushing him away from me? The single sentence he said before he left was repeating in my head like a broken record. And he had a point. It is not up to me to decide what he feels. I only know how I feel. Scared.

Scared to lose myself in a person like this again to then be shred to pieces. Scared to lose the beautiful friendship with a person I felt immensely comfortable with. But I couldn't lie to myself either and say that there wasn't more than just friendship. It was so much more... But I was ready to sacrifice those feeling to keep his friendship.

Author's POV:

Zain was also lying awake on his bed in another hotel room he had booked for a night. He was unable to not think about how she felt in his arms. He was more than ever convinced that he'd do anything to at least get a chance to convince her. He was aware that what he just did could go in any direction. She could be even more careful around him now or she would admit her feelings towards him – which doesn't necessarily mean that she felt the same as him. But he has to at least try. He wasn't just going to accept defeat.

The next few days turned out to be just a complete mess.

On top of this, the off-air news spread like fire through social media platforms and the media pressure was clearly present on the set. And of course, she was thinking about what could happen afterwards, where this would leave everyone after the show ends. But on another note, she was hoping that this might be good news when it came to Zain.

Maybe some distance would make him realize that he was only imagining things... But she was so wrong. It was as if some switch was turned on and he was being this flirty, mischievous guy who was on a mission. She didn't know how to deal with it. Some days he acted as if the kiss in Calcutta never happened and some days he was adamant on reminding her what happened that day.

She barely made it through the scenes since he took every chance to keep her on edge.

When they had to act out the scene where Neil goes to Avni after knowing the truth about her sacrifice, he didn't leave any opportunity to touch her in a way that went unnoticed by the camera crew but still made her breath stutter. 

For example, he subtly brushed his lips against her fingers as his head was lying on her lap. Even though it was an emotional scene, he felt so incredibly comfortable in her presence. He didn't want it to end and he was going to make sure that she'll stay in his life.

And then later, he casually came over to her dressing room and complimented her on how good she looked in the dress, making her blush since all the make-up assistance were still there and teased her afterwards.