2

Chris' p.o.v.

I am trying to rush everyone to our party, especially one of my best friends, Dillon. Let's just hope that he makes as good as a beta as he does a friend. He likes looking perfect though, even at parties he knows he will be getting so trashed that he won't be able to tell his head from his ass; just like a girl, sort of. I know it sounds weird that we have to drive to our party, but it's a safety precaution that protects the future pack, my future pack. How could I even explain to a simple minded person why we have wolves running around like chickens with no heads if it was at the pack house. 

"Hey bro, something good is gonna happen tonight, but nothing will if you don't hurry up," I shout in his direction.

He rushes down the stairs and does his "jazz hands" move, signaling that he is FINALLY ready. My smile grows and people start to file on outside and into the car. I grab the keys and toss them to Dillon. My Alpha, and dad as well, clears his throat. 

"Start the car," I tell him as I face my father.

"Son, I need to tell you something," he states solemnly.

He has my full attention now.

"Yes, father?"

"The Stargazer Pack will be there, at your party I mean."

"Is there something wrong with someone?" I ask, instantly worried.

They are known for their healing, magic, and powers. It's a rumor that they started as a pack when a lonely Alpha lost all his pack mysteriously. It is said that he looked at the stars and started crying about his Luna because they reminded him of her; he asked the Moon Goddess to at least give her back. He pleaded with her that if she did then he would serve her until eternity ended, no matter if he was alive or dead. His Luna and a new pack fell to Earth, but when she returned, she was pregnant and had other-worldly powers; so now they always are born with a power except for the Alpha or Luna, they get mind powers also when they take their proper roles. It is also said that the first werewolf born into this new pack belonged to the Luna but not Alpha; the Luna kept saying that the true father was the Sun God who ruled the heavens and worlds with the Moon Goddess. The child was a female who could see the truth of people's souls, but when she turned eighteen, she vanished. Her mother said that it was so she could be with her real parents in the sky.

I pull myself back into focus so I don't miss what my dad says.

"Yes, you."

"What do you mean? I feel fine, better than fine actually. I feel perfect."

"You have no mate yet Christian. You can not wait around for much longer. You are eighteen and when I spoke to their Alpha earlier, he said his next in line was seventeen but would be turning eighteen soon."

"And you don't want me to wait for my proper Luna anymore?"

"We both know that if she wanted you, then she would have shown up by now. No wolf should stay this long away from their mate once they turn sixteen, she might have mated to someone else by now."

Now I am mad. My Luna will be everything to me, and he wants me to just forget her because she might be with the wrong man. Why would he tell me about the other pack being there anyway? We might get along but it definitely doesn't mean that we like each other. All these puzzle pieces finally shift into place.

"So you want me to be with the Stargazer's Alpha's daughter?"

I might not have met anyone from that pack, but it's said that that pack always have a born in Luna unless a boy is the second-born.

"Yes but you must be very kind to her; she wants to leave her fate of running a pack and be as wild as the wind can be."

While my anger subsides, laughter pops up. There will never be a moment of being nice to someone who is supposed to be a replacement, especially when they also don't want me. He is just asking for a disaster to happen, but I hold my laughter on my tongue. 

"A female rogue, that's practically unheard of."

"Not a rogue my son, she wants to play her life out as a human."

I can't help the disgust from coming out, she doesn't appreciate the gift of her wolf? The wolf is a part of our lives and our minds. I can't be with her. I don't tell my dad this as he excuses me by walking away. I simply walk out the door and get into the passenger seat.

"You okay dude?" Dillon asks.

I only nod my head and tell him to go.

----------20 minutes later----------

I finally get out of the car and start looking for Ashley. I figure I might as well be quick about meeting my soon-to-be Luna and wife. I may not agree with my father, but I will still obey him completely.  

On the way over here, I learned as much about her as I could - she goes to the other school, has big green eyes, long wavy red hair, about five foot four inches, and wants to leave the state as soon as high school ends to move to a state that is known for the lowest amount of werewolves. 

I stop in my tracks when I find a scent of flowers and something sweet; since I have yet to find Ashley, I will follow this instead. Whatever this thing is, I have never smelt it before. 

In a few minutes, I find a completely white wolf and my own wolf is screaming "mate" at me. I no longer need Ashley anymore and this fills me with glee. I knew that something good would happen tonight, but I could never imagine it being something this amazing.