44

Kalin's p.o.v.

Dillon rushes into Christian's office.

"You're pregnant!" he shouts in glee.

Christian face palms himself.

"Dude we have enough to deal with," Christian says while suppressing a laugh.

I don't hide the smile from my face however; how is it not funny that a nineteen year old who has been hooking up with someone for four years at least doesn't know the signs of pregnancy. 

"Why wouldn't you guys tell me though?" Dillon asks.

"So that once you figured it out, it would be funny." my mate replies.

"Oh, I didn't figure it out; Jaz told me why."

Nobody does anything after his confession, I think we are both too stunned to know what to comment.

"Well okay then," Dillon says as he shrugs his shoulders; he walks out after, knowing that this conversation is now over.

"He is such an idiot some times, I can't believe it took him two days to actually understand it," Christian tells me.

"Maybe so, but you love that idiot."

"Not as much as I love you."

Since I'm sitting on his lap, it is easy for him to violently kiss me. We only separate once there is knocking on the closed door.

"Come in," Christian grumbles;  he hates being interrupted after he starts to really get into kissing. 

James steps in, closing the door again after him.

"How are you feeling Luna?" he asks in that soothing voice of his.

"There's no need for formalities, you don't need to call me Luna."

"Okay Kalin," he replies, trying it on his tongue.

"Well the throwing up seems to be gone," I say as I stand up, "I take it as a sign that I'm growing faster than expected?"

"Not completely, there have been cases where females don't have the sickness the entire time that it usually happens in. Human have morning sickness for four to six weeks and one of our females have it for two to three weeks. I don't know how things in the Heavens work, but three days for three weeks means you grow close to a week in a day."

"When you put it like that, it seems like we will have a little one right around the corner," Christian comments.

"I just wish I knew why Morana wants to wait," I say.

If she knows, then why wait? She didn't have mercy on her own mate, so why would she on my child? It is possible that she doesn't know, but what about when she does? The question still pounds in my brain: why is she waiting until this baby is out and in the real world? She treated her mate like the scum of the Earth and I can't see her starting to show compassion to such a tiny being.

"Kalin? You okay?" Christian asks.

I snap out of my trance and see two pairs of worry filled eyes looking straight at me; what happened? What did I miss?"

"Are you okay?" he asks again, "do you need to lay down or something?"

"No I'm good, I just zoned out. What did I miss?"

"We were discussing an ultrasound, James wants to watch the progress of our baby. It's mostly to make sure that they are growing okay, but to take notes on the whole process as well. Is that okay with you?"