Power College

I finished packing a few boxes for college. My twin and our friends are all going to the same one, like any other person with powers.

Grabbing the few boxes I packed until christmas holiday break which is in about four or five months.

I sighed, glancing at my room one last time then walked out, carrying my boxes too.

"Hey mum, we're leaving! Brett called to my mum as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Wait! Let me come say goodbye!" She yelled back from the kitchen probably.

At lightning speed she was already infront of us. My mum's power being speed.

As I sat my large boxes beside me, I looked at her and she gasped, her hands covering her mouth.

"You both are getting so old" She blubbered, pulling us both into one big hug.

"Mum" I laughed softly, "We're only nineteen"

"But you both are already leaving me!" She removed herself from us and wiped her tears away. "God, I'll miss you"

"We gotta go mum. It's already twelve oclock. We have to be at the college by two, to get our dorm keys" Brett spoke softly. "But, we will be back for christmas. Dont worry about us, we will look after eachother"

 "Goodbye darlings! I'll miss you" She smiled sadly. "Oh! Brett, help your sister carry her boxes to her car"

I pulled my mum in for one last hug, wrapping my arms around her thinning body. "Remember to eat whilst working. Remember to go out with friends. We will be fine. I promise. I love you, mum" I murmured into her shoulder as she smoothened my hair with her hand.

"You go find a handsome young man for yourself now, hear me? Promise me that, okay?" she held onto my shoulders to look at me now.

I nodded with a small smile. "I'll try my best, mum. Bye" I walked out of the house and headed towards my own car.

As I opened the front car door, my mum called over to me. "I'll call you later!" Then she closed the front door.

I walked to my dorm door, key in hand, my boxes in a box carrier cart thing trailing behind me as I pulled it.

"Number 201.. Number 201... Number 201" I mumbled to myself.

196...197...198...199.. 200.. 201..201.

201.

I inserted the key and turned them gently, pushing the door open and pulling my key into my jeans pocket.

"Mist, right?" My roommate spoke as soon as I shut the door behind me.

"Uh.. Yeah" I smiled  at her.

I wheeled my boxes through the hallway and up to her. "Which room is mine? Just so I can put my boxes in" I smiled awkwardly at her.

"Down that hallway, first door on the right. Oh and I'm Gwen." She grinned at me, blowing a short blond strand of hair from her view of sight.

 I wheeled my boxes to the directed room, sitting them beside my door.

Peering out my door as I heard Gwen call my name, I answered back. "Whats up?"

"There is a competition on in about fifteen minutes! The school does it nearly every week I've heard. It's really to see who's power is better by using it against eachother to 'rescue' someone. Want to go watch?"