Chapter Five~Jelousy

With it being their seventh year, Sirus, Lily, James, and Remus were swamped with schoolwork. Needless to say the entire year was, as every single teacher insisted they cram as much information in their little heads as possible before their N.E.W.T.S. even though those exams still sat nine months away. Likewise, the group was sitting by the lake, enjoying what sun they could before returning to classes and dying of boredom for the remainder of the day.

Lily seemed to be the only one content with the new workload, and simply read her textbook for charms as the rest complained about their hard lives. She was sitting next to James. Even though she didn't fully love him, it didn't mean she didn't like him either. He was okay, and a great friend to talk to.

"You look very pretty today Lily." He said kindly, causing her to shift against him.

"Well, thank you."

"And he's at it again." Remus commented, all of them chuckling.

"Shut up would you!" James sneered. "No but seriously Lily, what do I have to do to get you to accept?"

"Accept what?" She asked teasingly, knowing very well it was for her to be his girlfriend.

"Be mine would you?"

"Lay off it James, she isn't going to say yes." Sirius said smirking. Everyone knew his attempts were always futile.

"Come on Evans, go out with me!?" He pleaded leaning so his lips were next to her ear.

'No.' was the first thought that came to her mind. But that is what always did. But lately, she started pondering why she didn't wish to go out with him. James Potter adored her, treated her kindly, and was rather cute. Half the school wished to be with him. Why had Sirius brushed it off, as though it was imfathamable? Was she really that predictable?

She sucked in a breathe, turning her head to get a better look at James. "Alright." she stated, and the group fell dead silent.

"What?" James asked, confused at her response.

"I'll go out with you." she repeated smiling at the stupid expression on his face.

He jumped up, picking her up from under her arms, and started to spin her around with glee. "Lily Evans, I could kiss you!"

Her breathe hitched at the mention, her nervous laughter fading. As she was placed back on the ground. He was leaning forward, but she dodged it. "Not now, I have class." She stated pulling away.

"Not so fast." He grabbed her waist tighter pulling her against him. And it just happened. He crashed his lips down on her, and they were held in lip lock.

Lily pulled away, smiling slightly. Her second kiss with James. It had been a while, but it felt the same. "I'll see you later James Potter." She whispered, and then headed towards the castle. 'What in bloody hell just happened?' she asked herself shaking her head.

It appeared Sirius had the same question as he jogged up next to her. "Evans, wait up."

She looked towards him, annoyed slightly. "What?"

"You said you didn't like him." He stated in a serious tone.

"listen I don't need your teasing now. And cleary I do. Changed my mind." she said continuing to walk.

"But, you said-".

"Honestly Sirius you aren't being fair. And what's it the matter to you? Now James will stop pestering the lot of you about me." She gave him a small smile, rolled her eyes, and left him standing there.