13. Forget

Pearl's pupils reflected a stunning, sparkling landscape of Homeworld, which Rose quickly covered up with her soft touch of hands

Pearl's pupils reflected a stunning, sparkling landscape of Homeworld, which Rose quickly covered up with her soft touch of hands. Pearl spoke as she laughed lightly:
"Rose, what are you doing?"
Rose replied kindly:
"Hiding your eyes from all the world?"
"Why?"
"So you can see me better. Plus,"
Rose breathed into Pearl's ears, saying:
"This world's really, really ugly."

Pearl shook her head, saying:
"How? This world's absolutely perfect for you. Every gem living here is working just for you, for the purpose of serving you!"
Rose replied in a chillingly hushed tone:
"That's exactly why it's so ugly. Everything's predictable. There is no surprise!"
Rose softly sighed as she gazed upon the sparkling landscape and colorful technology moving everything in just the right way.
"I wish I had a world too, so that I can govern a world full of amazing surprises and wonderful coincidences..."
Pearl slowly lifted Rose's hands away from her eyes, and looked at her beautiful owner.
"I think you can do it, Rose."
"Really?"
"Uh-huh. Remember how yellow said you would soon get a colony, too?"
"I indeed remember that!"
"So, I think that colony might just be something that you like."
"Pearl~~!"
Cuddling Pearl, Rose kissed her in excitement—and Pearl recoiled in a sudden rush of happiness. On a secret, concealed windless field in front of Pink Diamond's castle, they shared their happiness together as they each imagined different things in the future that may make them happy—of which one hope would be fulfilled, and one deserted.