Chapter seven ► dinner.

Calum.

We sat around the table as her mother dished the dinner out. 

"So Calum," Her father said. I looked up and saw him staring at me from over his glasses. "Do you go to the same college as India?"

I nod, clearing my throat. "Yes sir."

He nods in approval. "Ah, well I'm glad India has made a new friend."

I smiled. "India's a great person to talk to." I said.

Calum you're an embarrassment.

He smiled. "Well I'm glad," He paused. "So what are your plans for future careers?"

I heard India sigh next to me and I suddenly felt quite uncomfortable. "Um," I stammered, shifting in my seat. "Well, I'd love to be a musician."

Her dad nodded again only this time, he didn't seem so impressed. "Oh I see."

"Anyway Phil," India's mum said, taking his attention away from me which I was extremely thankful for. "How was work?"

They began their own conversation as I started eating. 

"I'm so sorry." India whispered.

I smiled, shaking my head slightly. "It's fine."

"He's very overpowering, I know."

I breathed a quiet laugh. "Slightly scary too."

She grinned, looking down at her plate.

I ate the rest of my dinner in peace as they were all talking. Occasionally I was asked a question here and there but other than that I made sure I didn't talk. Just to be safe.

"So you like music huh?" Her dad asked.

I cleared my throat, sitting up. "Yes sir, I'm very passionate about my music."

"You play any instruments?"

"I play bass."

He smiled. "That's my boy. I used to play bass back in the day."

I heard India groan beside me. "Oh God not again." 

Her dad laughed, somehow he seemed a lot more relaxed. "I was in a band when I was a teenager. I played bass."

"I want to be in a band one day." I smiled.

"Best days of my life." He stated.

His wife cleared her throat obnoxiously as she picked his plate up from the table. "But I wouldn't change my life now to go back to it," He said loudly. "My life is perfect right now."

"Good," She said. "I should hope so." She said as she pecked his lips.

"Okay well we'll be leaving," India said as she stood up, grabbing my hand in the process. "Come on Calum."

I smiled. "Thank you for dinner Mrs Green."

"It was no problem, make sure you come over for dinner again. In fact, why don't you bring your family over for dinner next week!" She smiled.

I nod my head. "I'm sure they'd like that. Thank you again Mr and Mrs Green." I said politely before following India to the front door.

"I'm so sorry about that." She said as she opened the door, letting me out as well as stepping out herself before closing it.

I waved her off. "Don't be. It was nice."

"I think my dad finally warmed up to you."

I sighed. "I was so worried that he hated me or something."

She smiled, shaking her head. "Nah. He comes across like that at first but he's a big softy at heart."

I grinned. "Well, I should get going."

She wrapped her cardigan around her more. "Okay." She mumbled.

I retreated backwards down the path. "I'll see you in college tomorrow." I smiled.

She nods, opening the front door. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I turn around and open her front gate. "Calum!"

I turned around to see her running up to me, she wrapped her arms around my neck, standing on her tip-toes before placing her lips on mine.

My eyes widened in shock before they slowly closed as I wrapped my arms around her waist. I could feel her smile into the kiss before pulling away.

I swallowed the butterflies down. "I'm um," She said flustered. "I'll see you tomorrow." She mumbled.

I could feel the heat in my cheeks reach maximum temperature. "I'll um," I paused due to my voice cracking because of the nerves. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said retreating backwards again, eventually tripping over my feet however not falling over completely.

She waved, "Bye." She said, biting her bottom lip before running inside.

I blew air from my mouth up my face to cool me off.

Wow.

_

Helloooo.

Exams are finished so I'll be updating more!

INDIA AND CALUM GOT IT GOING ONNNNNN.

comment, vote and follow!