Chapter two ► fearful or fearless?

I'd always had a problem with words. Not so much with any misunderstanding. I would read something, lets say a chapter of a book and certain letters would appear bold. I started underlining them and they would always say the same thing.

Fearful or fearless.

Three words, seventeen letters, that's all it was. All the time. I honestly didn't know whether it was asking me or telling me.

Was I fearful or fearless?

"Hey Cal."

I looked up from my notepad, "Hey Faith."

She sat in the empty seat next to me and linked her hands together obviously trying to warm them up from the bitter weather outside. I smirked, "What are you smirking at?" She asked.

"Should've worn gloves." I said, absentmindedly drawing on the notepad.

She scoffed, "I don't need gloves. I'm like superwoman."

A small smile tugged at my lips. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well I don't need gloves if I'm superwoman."

I glanced at her, "Some heros need to stay warm too." I said quietly, reaching into my jacket and passing her my gloves. 

She smiled softly, "This is why you're my best friend Calum."

"Love you too." I smiled.

We heard the door open, our head simultaneously turned to the door of the common room. In walked a petite girl with red hair, who I had never seen before.

My throat closed up as I took in the sight before me. "Wow." I whispered.

"Go and talk to her."

I shook my head vigorously. "Are you mad? I can barely speak to my best friend let alone someone like her."

She sighed, "You need to come out of your shell Cal."

I looked down, "I'd rather not."

She stood up, "Well if you don't then I will." She smiled.

I raised my eyebrow. "You're going to come out of my shell for me?"

She rolled her eyes, "I'll be back in a jiffy."

She backed away before doing a 180 turn, walking in the direction of the beautiful red head. "Faith." I whispered harshly, she turned to face me and smirked.

I sunk in my chair as I watched the two converse. The red head turned to me and smiled, I gave her a slight wave back and looked away before I melted under her gaze.

"Can you say 'holla at me boy' because I've just got you her number." She sung as she sat back down.

I groaned, "I hate you but I love you at the same time."

"She's a nice girl."

I looked over at her, she was looking at me, grinning with her bottom lip between her teeth. I flushed and looked down, "What's her name?"

"India." She smiled.

She handed me a piece of paper with digits on, "She told me specifically to tell you to choose."

"Choose what?" I asked sitting up.

"Whether you're fearful or fearless."

I frowned and looked at her, to which she carried on. "If you're fearful, rip the paper up. If you're fearless, call her later."

I opened my mouth but nothing came out, instead an inhumane sound erupted from my mouth which made Faith laugh.

"Oh Calum," She said mussing my hair. "I love you." She laughed, walking out of the common room.

I looked at India, book in hand, red hair now up in a bun. 

Fearless.

I was fearless.

~ Hi. Chapters are getting longer but like I said I'm just getting into the story // comment & vote?

                                                                           Love you guys.