40.✔

***PLAY THE SONG ON THE SIDE***

Third Persons POV

Locked away in a prison cell sits a young man counting the days 'til he is free from the bars that hold him back from his love.

With only a pen and a pad of paper he writes... To her, the girl who holds his heart. But she is unaware of the precious and broken heart she holds as she opens the door to a home she can barely call her own.

A young boy comes rolling to her side, sitting in his wheelchair with only one leg and a prosthetic one. They hold each other tight, her letting go only to be held tighter.

Little did she know what her and her brother had gone through.

They were finally back to being a family, a happy one at that with only a lost leg, some added bruises and scars that may never fade and a few memories that will never appear but they were a family brought back together by law and broken by a man that was claimed to be psycho but really was just never understood...

So seven years he waits and seven years she moves on, forgets and more importantly lives.

Lives without a silly and naive love for a man who could never treat her right or be loved the way she deserves. So she waits as well, but for a love worth telling. Not one that would be tragically plastered on every newspaper and news channel on how the young and naive girl fell for a man who was psychotically crazy in the head.

Six Years Later

Cassandra's POV

I find myself slowly zoning out as Leah, a fifteen year old girl, tells her life story.

She pours her heart out to me, pointing out every mark on her body, telling me what each one was for and who gave them to her. I can't help but envy her, the way she knows where the scars came from and who had marked her body.

I so wish I knew who gave me mine. This scar on my forehead or the one on my hip but no, nothing. I can't remember anything and even worse, my family stay quiet and just say the cat did it but I know they're lying.

Something bad, no -horrible, happened in my life. They are keeping it from me and it makes me want to go crazy some days.

The fear of not knowing who did this or why eats me alive. Is this person still out there waiting to get me? Will my memory come back one day while I'm just walking home alone itself and scare me? Why can't I remember?...

Why?

Everything else in my life is going great. I got the apartment I wanted and the job.

Being a therapist for troubled teens is an amazing job but it also makes me wonder even more. They tell me their stories and I can't help but wonder if mine is similar, maybe my father beat me and I just lost my memory. What if I took some kind of pill that made me higher than Mount Everest and I just happened to have some loss of memory?

"Cassandra, are you listening?" Leah's voice breaks my train of thought.

I snap out of my daze and look at her.

"What? Oh, yes." A questioning look plays on her soft features.

"I'm sorry I keep zoning out, I just have a lot on my mind." I say truthfully.

"I understand, there're some days where I can't even think straight." I smile at her and say,

"Well, I'm having one of those days."

"I can tell." She laughs lightly.

"Well, what's on your mind?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest, mocking me.

"I think that it's my job to ask you that." I say.

"Well it seems the tables have turned." She smiled then put her serious face back on.

"Now, tell me." I think hard on whether I should tell this young girl my problems or not.

Would it really hurt? It's not like I know enough for it to even matter.

"Well, it seems I have forgotten a short time of my life from when I was your age. I woke up in a hospital, not being able to remember the past month but was left with scars from unknown things and still to this very day, six years later, I wonder who did this to me." I admitted truthfully to the young girl.

"I see... I know why you're afraid, I would be too but I think you're a very strong woman, Cassandra and one day you'll figure this out but for now I guess it's just another mystery waiting to be solved." I take in her words, letting them sink in.

Maybe she is right, maybe this is just a mystery that's waiting to be solved or perhaps I won't ever know what happened and maybe, just maybe, that's for the better.

"Thank you, Leah." I stand and embrace her.

"You're very welcome." Just as she said that my phone beeped notifying that her time is up.

We say our goodbyes before I sit back down and think on what she told me and tell myself it's just a mystery. One day I'll figure it out.

The door opens, my next patient here to see me and tell me about their problems. I'll write them down on a piece of paper and help them get through whatever horrible thing brought them here.

My heart breaks for some the young girls who only wanted to be loved but sadly were given the responsibility of taking care of a child at such a young age, that not even I would be ready for. Or the boys who are beaten by their own father, a result of the drunken state-

"Hello, Cassie..." An all too familiar, raspy voice interrupts my thoughts.

I look up to be met with curly hair and piercing green eyes staring back at me.

"It's been a while, Cass." The oddly familiar looking man smirks at me from across the small room.

The only thing going through my mind is this is the man who scarred my body and was taken from my memory...

This is Harry Styles.

To be Continued...

______________________________________________________________________

ITS NOT OVER YET

Now that I got that out we can move on to the good stuff!

1. Will there be a sequel?

Answer: no. But I will be continuing this story so you win...

I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED