22. (Part Two) ✔

Cassandra's POV

"It's like being two different people." He says keeping his eyes on the stars above.

"But I don't want to talk about it anymore." He looks over in my direction.

"That's fine." I replied, it was silent for a while before I spoke again.

"Will you tell me about yourself?... I mean, since I'm going to be staying with you."

"I guess." He didn't really sound too sure about what he agreed to but he didn't say anything about it.

"What would you like to know?" He asks not making eye contact.

I thought for a minute, this was important. He seemed to be in a good mood, maybe he would tell me about what happened to his sister.

"Uh... What happened to your sister... You never finished what you were going to say-"

"Something else I don't want to talk about, the past." Well so much for that, I thought.

"Something simple." I thought for a second.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked a small chuckle leaving my parted lips.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked sitting up somewhat.

"It's just, I go from one extreme to the next." I admitted looking into his forest green eyes.

"Well, it's black..." He said looking away from me and back out at the sunroof.

And here comes the 'other' Harry.

"That's not much of a color." I whispered.

"It explains the world, my life, my soul and my mind." He said like it was nothing.

"Well my favorite color is aqua blue." I said quickly changing the subject.

"Well that's uh... Nice color." He stammered suddenly.

"Harry." I said my voice turning serious.

"Yeah?" He replied not really paying attention to the tone of my voice.

"W-what... Was your childhood bad?..." I asked afraid of the way he might react.

It got deadly silent after that, the only noise that could be heard was his heavy breathing. I know in a way it was none of my business but hell, I am going to be staying with him, I think I at least should get to know some things about this guy.

"Yes... It was bad." He said in almost a whisper playing with the hem of his sweater.

"I'm sorry." I didn't mean to upset him, I just wanted to know something about this man.

"It's fine, you can't change the past. It is what it is." He replied.

It was silent again, I wonder what happened in his past. Well more than what I already know. He told me he killed his father because he was hurting his mother and that his sister died for unknown reasons but there had to be more since it is such a touchy subject for him. So much could have gone on, I just want to know, I want to help him...

Even though he has hurt me deep down I know he just needs help. I've always been the friend to ask lots of questions and try to help my friends out of their problems by talking about them. I never was the type to tell their secrets unless it meant they were hurting themselves in some way, then of course I would have to tell on them so their parents could get them help. I can't stand to see people going through pain.

If Harry would just let out some of his past and talk about it instead of keeping it all in he might change.

"Tell me about yourself, I told you some about me, now it's your turn." His voice broke my thoughts of him.

"Uh... I'm kind of a boring person." I tell him letting out a nervous chuckle, why am I nervous?

"Come on, the famous Cassandra Lowe has to have something interesting about her." I don't even want to know how he found out my last name.

"Well I like cats..." I said embarrassed.

"so you like-" He asked but I cut him.

" Harry! Get your head out of the gutter!"

Not even two seconds later we were both in a fit of laughter. His laugh was something else, his eyes would almost close and he would start hitting his hand on the steering wheel while the high pitched laugh would flow out of his parted lips. He looked... Differen. Happy for once.

"So is it true, you like cats? " He asked making me smile over at him.

"Yeah, cats." I said chuckling.

"Okay what else do you like other than 'cats'?" He asked almost letting another laugh escape.

"Family." I simply said looking away from him and out the window.

I could feel the tears ready to fall, I just wanted my family back. I just wanted to know that Ben was okay. I just wanted someone to tell me, 'it will all okay' but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

"I'm sorry." The man beside me whispered something I thought would never escape his lips.

How could he be sorry when he did it, when he could make it all better by letting me go, how? Because he isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________

HOW LONG SHOULD THIS FANFICTION BE? LIKE HOW MANY CHAPTERS?