2.✔

Cassandra's POV

I froze as the words left his lips leaving me and Ben standing there scared to death. I heard a raspy laugh come from the mans mouth and he turned around with a smirk plastered on that face of his saying,

"I'm messing with you... Maybe." He said the last part quietly so I could barley hear it.

Ben was now attached to my arm not daring to let go, the man then looked at Ben smiling.

"Take me to the basement, kid." His voice rung in the silent house.

I look down at Ben to see him shaking his head no.

"Well you're going to anyway." He said and grabbed Ben's small arm starting to pull him away from me.

I stood there frozen knowing I had to do something.

"NO!" I yelled out.

The man stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me.

"I-I'll take y-you." I stutter out walking over to Ben and grabbing his arm from the mans grasp while whispering in his ear,

"Call the cops once we're out of sight." He nodded his head.

The man grabbed my arm pulling me away from my little brother. I lead the man into the kitchen where the basement door was opening it and looking down at the dark hole. I always hated going in our basement because it wasn't like any of my friends basements, there's were finished and turned into a game room where mine was just a storage area with very little light and concrete walls and floor.

"Ladies first." He said to me looking down at the basement door.

I decided not to argue with him and just go on down first, as I'm walking down the steps I can feel him getting closer to me till he's just one step behind me.

I stop in my tracks as his breath fans my bare neck and he whispers in my ear,

"I heard what you told your brother..." His raspy voice rings in my ear.

"And you're going to pay for it." He finished.

I'm still frozen to the spot, I'm standing on not being able to move from pure fear.

"Move!" He yells and pushes me down about three steps.

I loose my balance and go face first down the stairs, I shove my hands in front of my head ready for the impact but it never comes. I open my eyes to see my face is only inches from one of the many wooden steps. I feel strong arms wrapped around my waist, I look over my shoulder to see the man had caught me. He pulls me up and sets me back on my feet.

"Thank you." I whisper and continue to walk till we're now on ground level.

"Where's your box at?" He asks.

"What box?" I ask raising one eyebrow.

"The electrical box." He said.

I felt pretty dumb, I mean, what else could he be down here for? I took him to where the box was, he opened the lid and pushed a few buttons. Minutes later the lights came back on making it a little less scary, I took in this time to observe him while he was still messing around with the electrical box. I could now see one of his tattoos that is on his collarbone very well now that the lights are on. It was very small compared to the rest of them running up his neck, it was written in a very small cursive font. The two simple words didn't really strike me to be a tattoo that he would want to get, 'I'm sorry' it said. I wonder what he's sorry for.

I snapped out of my thoughts when his deep voice spoke.

"W-What?" I stuttered out.

"I said, move." I didn't think twice before moving out of his way.

He walked past me and jogged up the stairs, I had to almost run to keep up with his long strides. Once back in the kitchen I was hoping and praying Ben called the cops but I didn't see or hear sirens.

I walked into the living room to see Ben sitting on the couch. I mouth to him 'did you call the cops?', he shook his head no. I walked over to him and sat down and asked him,

"Why?"

"I couldn't, the house phone wouldn't work and I couldn't find your cellphone." He said and looked down.

"Cassie, what's gonna happen to us?" Just as he said that the man came back and stood before us with an angry expression.

"Heard someone was going to call the cops, is that true?" His piercing green eyes stared through my little brother. Ben just sat there and shook his head even though the man already knew he was going to.

"Don't lie to me!" The man said and raised his hand to slap Ben.

"NO!" I said.

He stopped his hand mid air and looked over at me.

"No, i-it w-was my f-fault..." I said and looked up at the man.

"Well in that case!" He yelled and slapped me across the face.

My head flew downwards at the impact, his hand left my right cheek stinging. I looked up through my hair to see a confused man standing in front of me, a tear slipped out of my eye and ran down my cheek. The man stomped into to the kitchen and started screaming random cuss words then I heard what sounded like glass shattering.

"Cassie..." Ben's voice said.

I turned my head to look at him to see worry written all over his face. Then a small tear fell from his left eye, I wipe it away before it can fall. I bring his small body in my lap and hold him close.

"What's going to happen to us?..." He asked.

"I-I don't know." I truly didn't know.

All that I knew was that the man in the kitchen is psycho.