Infatuation

Hey guys, I've included the link to the Story's playlist. Hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! 

                                                                   Happy Reading. --Sami

   *******************************************************

The cold, bitter London air nipped at my exposed skin, not like it bothered me that much; I really didn’t notice the weather change. Strolling down the empty pavement at this hour wasn’t too safe. Not that it worried me, it’s not like people really stood a chance against me.... Something about me told people to stay away.

A few people lingered on the streets, but it didn’t surprise me when most of them walked into nightclubs or pubs. A few more groups filed out of a diner and headed for their cars. I breathed out a breath of air I had been holding in, it came out in a puff of white, circulated a couple times and then dissipated. I made my way down the avenue to my favorite pub--The Marylebone. It was quite posh you could say, but it suited everyone’s tastes. It wasn’t very popular tonight, only a few people were littered around the old english styled furniture, the bar had it’s usual suspects littered down the line of seats.

I walked up to my usual spot on the corner of the bar, distancing myself away from everyone. I liked to be kept alone and be by myself. People weren’t my forte. Timothy walked up to me, throwing his white towel across his shoulder, it almost his signature move. “Evenin’, Louis. Can I get your usual?”

I simply nodded and let the corners of my lips barely tug in a smile. “Yes, please and thank you.” Good Ole’ Timmy went to work on my drink as his new bar trainee came bustling in.

“Sorry I’m late! My mum needed some help and her clock is 30 minutes slow!” The copper haired girl yelled as she made her way to the back in a rush, Timothy just had a grin on his face.

“New worker?” I ask casually as I take the glass from Tim.

He nodded in response. “Yeah, Fia is a hand full.” Timothy teased the red head.

Fia poked her tongue out past her pink, plump lips. “Leave me alone, Tim!” She walked over to my area of the bar. I caught a glimpse of her gold name tag and it read Sophia.

A brunette came through the door next, having a smile on her face. “Evenin’ Fee and Tim!” she went straight to the back and came back out, I noticed her name tag read Nicki.

I swirled the clear liquid in my glass, peering down into the cup. I brought it up to my lips and tipped it back, feeling the burn of the drink spread in my entirety. Feeling a hand slap down on my back, I quickly swivel to see a familiar green-eyed, curly haired boy. “You know, you were about to get decked if it weren’t you.” I say casually, leaning back into my bar stool.

“But I am me, so no worries there, Louis.” Harry grinned at me and plopped down onto the bar stool, he caught the new trainee’s attention or at least one of them. Nicki strode over to us, a big smile on her face.

“What can I get you?” Nicki asked to Harry, leaning against the counter of the bar waiting for my mate to speak.

Harry seemed to be taking his good time tonight, even had on his thinking face--Boy, what a dangerous sight that could be! I chuckled softly as our bartender grew annoyed and impatient by him dragging out their interaction.

Being the slightly nice person I am, I interject. “He wants a pint.” I give her an encouraging smile.

Nicki gives me a pleased look and mouthed thank you as she moved around the bar, getting Harold his drink.

**

Harry was chatting with one of the trainee’s--Nicki. He had learned her last name and scored her number. He was quite pleased with himself. I, on the other hand was not doing too hot. I suppose I should brush up on my social skills, but then again... I already have enough game... Right? I am Louis the Tommo Tomlinson! I should be able to pull ‘em with ease. But sadly enough, this was not the case.

“Sophia, you look real ni--”

“Shut up, Louis. You’re drunk.” Sophia gave me a stern look, her hands placed on her hips.

“No I--”

“Yes you are.”

“No. I’m not!”

“Are so.”

“Are not.”

“Are s--”

“Shut up!” Nicki and Harry snapped at us in unison.

I pursed my lips at Harry and rolled my eyes, annoyed with the woman in front of me

Harry swiveled back to face Nicki and the continued on their chat.

I glanced back to Sophia who watched me with a level gaze. Her soft, quiet voice rang out. “You’re still drunk.” her paled plump lips quirked into a smile.

“Oh whatever!” I caved as I released a huff, throwing an arm up. I was fully intrigued by this girl, though. She was so kind hearted, in just the small bit I’ve known her, that part of her personality has shone through. She was gentle yet had a feisty spark about her.

Sophia smiled at me and nudged Nicki. “C’mon, we gotta go.” she said in a slightly more ordering voice, which Nicki responded to and nodded in agreement as the girls went to the back of the bar to change and what not.

I spun around to look at my curly haired pain in the ass. “Lucky bastard!” I muttered as I downed the last bit of my vodka, looking at him.

Harry had that smirk on his face as he leaned back into the stool. “You’re just mad because your game isn’t as strong as mine… I think your age is starting to show through!” he teased, licking his lips as his gaze was distracted by something coming from behind the counter, following his gaze Sophia and Nicki made their way out of the back.

I knew by that look he was already infatuated with the girl. But I kept my gaze locked on Fia; I wanted to get to know her.