Leo Builds Us Jetpacks

When I woke up, we were still sitting on the furniture display. I sat up and noticed that Annabeth and Hazel weren't here but everyone else was. Piper, Nico, and frank were still sleeping but everyone else was awake. Grover and Percy were chatting quietly while Leo and Brickney were passing a ball back and forth. I got up and stretched, then walked over to Percy and Grover. "What time is it?" I asked, stifling a yawn.

"Around 6:30 AM" Grover said, checking his phone.

"AM? We slept that long?!" I exclaimed. It been like 5 pm when we got here and went to sleep.

Percy nodded, "Piper really needed some sleep." I looked over at her, sprawled on a couch and I saw what he meant. She still looked beautiful, but very tired and and beat up. She could definitely use the sleep. "And Annabeth and Hazel went to buy some food and supplies. They should be back soon."

I nodded and sat down, still pretty tired from yesterday. Suddenly a crash sounded from somewhere in the store and a voice came over the speakers, stopping the song that was previously playing. "Clean up on aisle 6, clean up on aisle 6."

Percy shot up, "That's Annabeth!" He spirited away. Grover and I followed.

"Watch Piper!" I yelled to Leo and Brickney as I ran to aisle 6. There I found Percy, Annabeth, and Hazel fighting two Gorgons, as I got there I saw Hazel spear a third and it turned to dust. Grover was laying on the ground, unconscious.

"Take Grover back!" Annabeth yelled, then whacked a gorgon in the head with a frying pan. I grabbed Grover and dragged him away. I laid him on the sofa at the furniture section and tried to get him to wake up. After a few minutes Percy, Annabeth, and Hazel came back.

"Here. I got it." Percy said and leaned over Grover. "Hey, Grover, Annabeth and Hazel are back with the food."

Then he groaned, "Food," and I knew there was hope.

"How did this happen anyway?" I asked, thinking some gorgon pummeled him or something.

"Annabeth hit him with with the frying pan on accident. Thought he was another gorgon." Hazel said.

"Frying pans. Who knew, right?" Annabeth laughed, smirking.

"FOOOOOD!" Leo yelled, running over and trying to grab the brown paper bag of food from Hazel. Suddenly he pulled out a rather large torch from his toolbelt. It was like a soufflé torch, but a lot more dangerous. Hazel's eyes widened but she handed over the food.

Piper woke up about ten minutes later. "Hey guys. What happened?" we told her about the Gorgons and Grover and everyone else.

Soon enough we were all gathered around the furniture and Leo was handing out tacos to everyone. "Alright, alright, I've got chicken for frank, Annabeth, and Grover." He handed them their tacos, then continued. "Piper, vegetarian taco coming your way, Percy, Jason, Hazel, softshell for you. Brick, Nico, we got the hardshell beef!"

We all sat down to eat and I hadn't even noticed that Nico had got here until Leo said his name. Either I'm very unobservant or he's super sneaky. Super Sneaky Nico. That sounds pretty cool. Anyway, after we finished eating our breakfast tacos, we decided what to do next.

"Well, the wind spirits are a little farther north, probably a few hours walking." Piper explained.

"But," Leo interrupted, "But, now here me out here, what if, WHAT IF, wha-"

"Get on with it, Leo!"

"Okay, okay, what if we didn't walk." He gave us a mischievous smile and continued, "I know! Crazy right!?"

"Then how do you propose we get there, Leo?" Annabeth asked.

"That's for you to figure out, Miss Athena Child." Leo said, putting his feet on the coffee table, which happened to be on sale for $99.99. This weekend only.

Annabeth pushed his feet off the table, "Well, do you have any ideas, Mr. I Can Build Anything?"

"Tell me what you want and I'll build it." Leo smirked.

"Okay, okay, why don't we split into groups. Some people can help Leo work on a way to get there faster, someone can work on strategy to defeat them with Piper, and others can get provisions and figure out the other details."

In the end Brickney, and I helped Leo, while Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Piper worked on ways to beat the wind spirits. Nico, Hazel, and Frank went to get food, and other supplies. I probably should have helped with figuring out a way to beat the wind spirits but I honestly had no ideas s and everyone would expect me to, being a child of Zeus.

After an hour in our groups, we all met up in front of the store. "Alright. Are we all here?" Percy asked. He looked at us all gathered there. "Okay. Leo you go First. How are we getting there?"

"Well, I made us all personalized jetpacks. Jason, Brick, if you could start passing those out, please." Leo said and picked up go own jetpack, which was black with flames painted on the side.

We made all the jetpacks personalized like that since we had some extra time. And by we, I mostly mean Brickney. As a daughter of Apollo she was a great artist. So Leo and I told her what she should put on them, since she still didn't know everyone that well. I did decorate Nico's, which wasn't too hard since his was plain black. Well, except a small phrase that was put on everyone's. I<3leo inc. He thinks he should start a company. Apparently he puts that on everything he makes. I'm slightly worried considering all the things he made for us.

I gave Piper hers, which was painted with flowers and hearts. She took one look at it, looked at Leo, glared, and received a wink from him before strapping it on as Leo instructed.

I helped hand out the rest, then put mine on. It was sky blue with clouds on it. I also noticed a small brick flying through the clouds, as if it was going to hit me in the head. Of course Leo would do that.

Leo finished explaining the how they work and then Hazel passed out a food and water to everyone.

"So," I asked, "What's the plan?"

*******************************************************************************************************

We had been jetpacking for about half an hour and there were still no signs that the wind spirits were near. We decided that we would land when the wind started to get unruly, but so far everything was calm.

I was flying next to Leo, who seemed lost in his thoughts. He has seemed kinda weird lately. Ever since we got back from our quest with Gaea, he always spent his time in bunker 9 or building something, or just thinking. I could tell he was sad and lonely but he hid it so well that if anyone brought it up, he would just go back to his regular self. Ever since he got back from that island . . .

Ahead of me was Annabeth, Percy, and Grover, laughing. Percy's jetpack had been decorated with fishes and octopus and other aquatic things. Annabeth's was designed as if it were a book shelf, so it showed a bunch of books with their spines facing us so we could read the names. I didn't recognize them all, I knew of Harry Potter, The Fault In Our Stars, and Divergent of course, but there were a few that I had never heard of like one called The Lightn-

My thoughts were interrupted by me almost falling out of the sky. The winds were picking up.

AN:

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN. Okay not much of a cliffhanger since I'm just gonna upload the next part right away, but still. So I know this one was kinda short but I'll try to make up for it.

QUESTION TIMEEEEE

Know any good PJO stories on wattpad?

Like pie?

What errands do you think the seven and the others are gonna have to run?

Favorite movie?

Any ideas?

COMMENT!
EAT!
READ!