i n t r o

•  

"the return of the voices would end in a migraine that made my whole body throb. i could do nothing except lie in a blacked-out room waiting for the voices to get infected by the pains in my head and clear off."   

  •  

the rainy day gave this gloomy vibe on the clinic. it wasn't exactly a clinic, more like a house with different rooms and these rooms looked more like libraries than the clinic's offices. the walls were made of wood and books were piled in between. park soon loved it. ever since she made her practices there, she dreamt about working in that place someday. when she finally made it, she felt complete and promised to give her best.

a nice office was assigned to her, on the fourth floor. it had a medium-sized dark wooden desk with a white macbook on it. in front of it was a couple of couches. just at the right was a big window with view to the backyard. the backyard was one of the most beautiful things in the clinic. it was usually filled with flowers, all different kinds and colors. she would find herself lost in view sometimes and she loved it.

that day was one of those days, she only had 3 patients so it was more like a boring day for her. fridays were her usual favorite days since she had at least 6 or 7 patients more. finding herself sitting behind her desk, checking her email on a tuesday afternoon wasn't exactly her favorite concept. lost in her thoughts, she jumped when her phone beeped. it was an email from her boss.

it read:

mr. lee: soon-ssi your presence is requested at my office, please come as soon as possible.

she quickly stood from her desk, a visible frown on her face. she couldn't guess the reason why her boss would call her to his office. when he did that is usually to scold one of the psychiatrists and she hasn't done anything wrong, at least not that she recalls. after closing the door of her office and telling her secretary that she'll be right back, she did her way up to the eight floor where mr. lee's office was.

she knocked on the door twice and once she heard his husky voice saying "come in" she did her way inside of the office. the smell of pine tree hit her nose trills and internally she smiled at the smell. it was a familiar one, her father's office smelled the same.

"yes mr. lee, did you call me?" she bowed slightly. she noticed in front of his desk was a fellow psychiatrist. narae, she remembers. she has an office on the first floor but she never actually talked to her. she seemed a bit nervous, her hands trembling a bit.

"ah yes! thank you for coming in such a short notice, i hope i didn't interrupt any session?" soon shook her head and smiled tenderly, still worried for the fellow member's appearance next to her. mr. lee looked at the woman and nodded.

"we'll talk later, you're dismissed." narae stood quickly and bowed, rushing to the door. soon followed her with her eyes but once she left the room she returned her eyes to the man on the desk. he had a medium height and was chubby, he was definitely endearing to the eye and yet his hair was covered with platinum hair. he had been friends with her dad since they were kids, both shared a passion of knowing and understanding the mind, being mr lee a famous psychiatrist and soon's father a neurosurgeon and neurologist.