Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I eventually made it back to the place  I had once longed to call home. But, since I had needed more time to think, I just went walking more. Well, since I did that, I got grounded. This is what I get for having loser parents.

“Elizabeth,” my mom has always called me by my full name for some reason and I still don’t know what that reason is. “Come down stairs. Dinner is ready.”

“Not hungry.” Actually, I was starving, but I didn’t want to see anyone right then. I was still trying to convince myself that I wasn’t being crazy. And if I went down there, I might let something slip.

“Elizabeth,” she pleaded. I shook my head and jumped onto my bed.

“Going to sleep now, mother.” I would have preferred to just call her ‘mum’ to her face, but she didn’t like it, so….yeah….

I slept like a baby. That is if that means waking up everyone hour and wanting to cry then yes, I slept like a baby. I dreamt of John Lennon; his hand in mine, his lips against mine, his—never mind that bit. But, you got the point. That was probably the first sex dream I had ever had and I’ve got to admit, I was disappointed when I woke up. When I did wake up, it was 02:35. Can you believe it? It’s annoying as hell, that is. And because I can’t go back to sleep after I wake up, I decided a walk might clear my head. And so I walked. I didn’t know how far or for how long, but the next thing I know, I am outside of John Lennon’s childhood home. I passed by the place a million times, never once really looking, but even with that it is completely different. All I see what I look at that is the home of someone I met a few hours ago that died over 30 years ago. I leaned on the gate and sighed.

“John Lennon, you confusing, wonderful man.” I dropped my head into my hands. “What am I gonna do now?” when I stood up straight, I swear to god I saw something move. My head snapped to look, but there was nothing there. I sighed. “I must be losing my mind.” I looked back at the house, but something was different. There were lights on inside. Me being my curious self, stepped past the gate and tip toed up to the door. Curtains moved from what I guess, I mean from what I’ve seen in the tour and in Nowhere Boy, was the living room. I was bolder now. Probably because I didn’t feel like such an idiot if there was someone inside. I reached the door, my hand on the door knob, when it was yanked away from me. The silhouette of the man seemed quite menacing actually. That was until he tackled me to the ground and covered me in kisses, laughing out my name.

“Bethy! Oh, I missed you!” I pushed John off, smiling at the male attention; something I was seriously deprived of at an all-girls boarding school. John just come right back at me and hugged me. I could have sworn he smelled my hair. It’s weird, but it wouldn’t be the first time it had happened. “You disappeared again! Right in front of me, too! How did you do that.” I giggled a bit.

“Magic, Lennon.” He wrinkled his nose.

“Don’t like it when you call me that. Sounds….formal I guess.”

“Okay then,” I narrowed my eyes, a sly smile made out of the sweet one. “How about….Winnie the Pooh! After the bear.” I stood up and back away as he started after me, smiling evilly. “And I do love your middle name,” I began running around the lawn, him chasing after me. Until he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me back to him. We kept laughing as he whispered in my ear.

“Don’t call me that again,” I couldn’t take him seriously with that smile in his voice.

“Or what, Winnie? Come on, Pooh Bear!” he growled very lightly in my ear and bit a little on my ear. I rested my hands on his as the laughter died down I went with my gut and leaned my head a little. He kissed my neck, my shoulder, anywhere within reach. I turned my head towards him and he kissed my lips. I felt something in that kiss, a fire that I was to annoyed to notice before. I turned slowly in his arms, my hands pressed against his chest. When it broke off, I looked up into his eyes. For me, this was the first real kiss for us. For him, I don’t know. I didn’t really know what was going on, to be honest. I mean, how could all this happen? Was I traveling to the past or him to the future? No, it was definitely me to the past. That was proven earlier today. Then why didn’t this happen before when I was younger, or on London. And who does he think I am? But all that flooded out of my mind as soon as his lips touched mine. He kissed me again, our lips moving faster. I ran my hands through his auburn hair, feeling it for the first time. It was actually really spikey, from all the gel or whatever in it. But that was just the front really. The rest was pretty soft. I felt his hands, one on my back, one tanlged in my hair. He pulled me closer and pressed his tongue lightly against my lips. I let it in and our tongues touched. It felt more intimate that the simple kisses we had traded before.

We sank to our knees in front of each other and I fell back onto the grass. John lay on top of me, our tongues still doing their strange little dance when a light flooded over us and we pulled away from each other. John stayed still on top of me, one arm in front of his face to block out the light.

“John Winston Lennon!” a matured voice yelled. “You get off that girl this instant!” John was instantly pulled to his feet and I stumbled to my feet. Before me stood, who I guessing, was Mimi Smith, John’s aunt and guardian.