Chapter 10

Chapter 10

When I saw John, my heart kind of jumped. But he looked younger, his hair wasn’t gelled, and he didn’t look as tough as he tried. It was younger John. The one I had to meet first for all of this to possible. I took a deep breath and hid my bag in the bushes. Then I skipped over to him. I kissed his cheek and smiled at his surprise.

“I’m Beth. Beth Halsey.” We shook hands, him still dazed.

“John Lennon.” I smiled wider then turned around and left.

You…are stupid. Whatever. Just get out of there.

And I grabbed my bag and almost ran. I didn’t see the man from before, so I snuck into the old Lennon house and back up to John’s room. I closed the door and time turned again. I opened the door again and there was John walking down the hall to the bathroom. I was so happy that worked. I closed the door, changed into different clothes, and dropped the bag on the bed.

After about 5 minutes, John opened the door again and there he stood in all his teddy boyness. I was in a sort of 50s themed dress.

“You do have other clothes.” I nodded and kissed him.

“Now can we get breakfast? I am starving!” I smiled and headed down the stairs. John just laughed and followed me.