Eleven

Ason heard her scream from the room so when he ran to her hunched over body he immediately started to panic.

"Valissa!" he bends over with her. "What's wrong baby? Tell me what's wrong" he pleads.

Valissa whines softly in pain. "I don't know she keeps kicking at me"

Ason looks around him slowly. "And then he looks down between her legs to the red spot forming on her maxi dress.

"Lissa..." he says dangerously low. "baby" he whispers scared.

She looks down to where Ason was staring, "what?" she says frightened and looks down quickly.

When she looks down her eyes widen and her mouth drops completely. "No" she whispers. "NO" She then yells.

Ason doesn't know what happened between then but he knew he had to get her to the hospital as quickly as possible to make sure that Valissa along with Asa were going to be fine.

Valissa wraps her arms around his neck tightly and starts to cry into his chest. "Nooooo" she whimpers. "Ace, noooo" she sobs.

Ason shhh's her quietly and jets past everyone in the living room.

"Ason!" he hears Calli and Kymmer yell behind him.

"Ason! Where are you going?" Calli hollers.

"She's bleeding" he says without hesitation and puts her in his passenger quickly but gently.

Calli and Kymmer cover their mouths in shock and then gathers everyone to get into their cars and follow behind Ason and Valissa to the hospital.

"Ason" she whines. "There can't be anything wrong with her!" she yells in panic. "I just went to the doctor to make sure it was fine for me to get on the plane and come back."

He looks over at her from the road. "It's fine baby" he says calmly. "We'll just have to see" he smiles softly. "Ok?"

She shakes her head. "No!" she shakes her head. "Not ok!" she snaps. "Our baby can be dying! How can you be so fucking calm" she hollers at him as she sees more blood start to form on her dress.

Her dress was definitely ruined but she didn't care. Her baby was in danger.

"This is all my fault!" she starts to mumble to herself. "I knew I shouldn't have come back" she says running a hand through her chin length hair.

Ason's attention snaps in her direction quickly. "Yes you should have! This isn't your fault. Shit like this happens all the time!" he yells at her.

"Shut up!" she hollers back and starts crying again.

They get to the hospital two minutes later and he runs around the car to get Valissa in through the emergency doors.

"Help!" he yells over Valissa's wailing and the bustling noises of the emergency room. "Please help!" he hollers.

All attention is cut to Ason as doctors and nurses look to see what the problem is.

After seeing Valissa they immediately bum-rush him and a doctor takes her from his arms as she is placed on a gurney and rolled away from him.

"Ason!" he hears Valissa yell for him.

"Valissa" he calls back as he reaches for her hand that J's outstretched towards him.

"Don't leave me" she says through tears, he hated hearing or even seeing her cry.

"Never" he whispers as she is pushed through the swinging doors.

Running a hand through his hair he looks around restlessly and to the waiting room chairs that have an older couple sitting there along with a father and his young son.

The man looks over at him and smiles, nodding hello. Ason nods back as he takes a seat in a chair and the older woman comes to sit next to him and puts a tender hand on his shoulder. "She will be ok, sonny" she says softly.

"But I just got her back" his voice cracks as tears finally start to shed down his porcelain-like face.

"Shhhh..." she smiles and wipes his face gently. "She and your baby boy will make it... healthy and safely."

Ason blinks at her and more tears start to fall. "She's having a girl" he corrects.

"That doesn't matter now, deary. Just pray on it" she says before wiping his tears away once more and getting up to join her husband once more.

"Thank you" he says as he sniffles and wipes his face clear of tears.

"Anytime" she smiles and Ason could tell that there were multiple meanings to that one word spoken from the gentle old woman.

He turns his head when he hears everyone come through the sliding doors loudly.

"Where is she?" Calli asks annoyingly.

"They took her" he says simply and calmly, then putting his face into his awaiting hands. Everyone starts to ask questions all at once and he can't take it.

"Shut up!" he says.

They don't.

"Shut up!" he says a little louder.

But yet again they still couldn't hear him.

"I said SHUT UP!" he snaps. "All of you!" he hisses. "I know nothing just like you. So just sit the fuck down and wait for the doctor to tell me about their health" he says broken and angrily.

As soon as he said that the doctor enters.

"Valissa Mercer" She calls out.

Ason rushes towards her with Calli close on his heels.

"And you are...?"

"Her boyfriend... that's her sister"

She nods. "We have to give her an emergency cesarian..." she points at Ason, "and we need permission because she's drugged up and ready to deliver... are you going to be in the room?"

"yes" he says loudly.

"Ok, follow me so you can get scrubbed in."

Ason looks back at everyone else as he follows the doctor into an OR.

He didn't really believe in a god but...

He sighs.

Whatever type of God there was.. please let them be safe and alive.