Billion Dollar Babe

Chapter 1

"Mason Walker, Callum Bell, and Sebastian King."

My employer tossed the clicker around between his hands after we reviewed the classic slide show presentation. He sat on the corner of his office desk, feet barely brushing against the soft carpet of his office. We were both looking at the last slide of what appeared to be focused on a gang called "The Kings".

My face remained emotionless as I put their faces to memory, but it's not like he noticed it. I leaned back further into the leather cushioned couch. It made a soft squeak as I readjusted myself into the recliner armchair.

It's been done a thousand times. I would take the job that my employer wants me to do, if and only if he could afford me. Then I would go off and kill the target. Granted, my worth is extremely high, but I am skilled at what I do.

It's really easy, actually. I've hunted thousands of people before--business men, foreign enemies, world leaders, and occasionally, ex-husbands. Anyone could hire me to kill a person.

Hired guns.

That's what we were, but some people refer to us as mercenaries or assassins. With our broad experience in tracking, hacking, fighting, and killing, there's nothing we can't take. We're ex-military personnel killing for the money. It doesn't matter who we kill, they're all just faces with a price.

"What exactly are 'The Kings?'" 

"It's a gang."

I tensed immediately by the sound of the word. Gangs? I haven't been near one in years. 

 "A gang in London... Just not any gang. They're the most feared gang there, and they're also a pain in the ass from what I've been reported."

"What did they do?" I asked, slightly curious myself.

"What gangs do best, cause mischief." A stray sigh escaped my lips.

"London called a private military contractor to dispose of delinquents?" I asked disappointed. "Couldn't they have handled this on their own?"

"If they had the arms to do it." He used the clicker to run through a couple of slides.

"See here, Stryker? Sebastian and his crew managed to slaughter, not one, but many law enforcers. This event had furthermore triggered London's desperate need of defense. That's why they need a mercenary."

I scowled. I've lost all respect for people who've proudly called themselves a gangster. There is no emotion left for their kind, so fear for me is just another word.

"The entire gang was involved? Taking down an entire gang seems like a lot of work, does it not? Can London even afford to pay me?"

"Of course they can." 

Yet there was something I was suspicious about. All of the mercenaries working for MERCHANTS and I happened to be chosen. 

"Why me? Why not Duke or any other mercenary?" 

"Because you've done this before." My eyes diverted away from the screen, and I bit my tongue. "Are you doubting yourself? It shouldn't be too hard to do it again." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. Bringing up gangs, especially that gang, always made me uneasy.

"I can do it," I said stiffly. I didn't need him challenging me on my limits. "But how much will they pay?"

"We're talking fifty million, maybe even more. That's a lot for three people," he said. "The gang leader, and his most feared backup." I watched as my employer pointed a finger to the snapshots of the three men. "These are the three you need to kill."

A genius, a fighter, and a leader. I could take them.

My military experience would surely beat the hell out of theirs. What my employer was right about was that this happened all before. I've seen the way gangs worked. All three of these people are nothing I haven't faced before.

"I can send you on a plane to London for free, but shelter and everything else is up to you."

"And then?"

"I want Sebastian, Callum, and Mason killed with their deaths on video as proof. I"ll send one of my boys down with you to support it. Can you take down three pesky terrorist?"

I smiled boldly underneath my mask. My lips rubbed along the rubber grooves as they curled into a smirk. Of course I could do this.

"Another thing to keep in mind is that these gangsters are fanned out throughout London. There's no telling who is who without seeing their crown tattoo, it's symbolic for the gang. I'd advise you to be careful and trust no one, but with your level of expertise I'm sure you already know that."

"Yes sir."

"Get on with it then." 

                                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Story will get better :D This is just the first chap!

Votes Mah Goats ♥