8. May I sit here?

4 years later:

"May I sit here"

"No" I replied without looking up from my notebook

I heard the chair next to me shuffle before he sat his lazy ass down on the seat like he owned it. I groaned.

"I thought I said no" I tilted my head to glare at him this time.

"I thought this is a free country" he smiled sarcastically.

I took a deep breath to contain my anger. Closing my eyes I searched the lecture hall for the farthest possible seat.

When I found one, I looked at him with a smirk "Of course" I said picking up my books and purse "Enjoy your freedom Carter"

His grin fell as I walked away.

"Hey, don't leave. I'll go okay" he called back "I'm sorry"

I flipped him my middle finger without turning back. I wish he would disappear. I haven't known real peace in three years all thanks to his highness Alexander Carter.

___________

"I haven't see you all day" I said as Luc drove us back to our apartment. It is twenty minutes' away from the campus.

"Yeah" he scratched his neck nervously with his free hand "I was kind of busy with an assignment" lying wasn't Luc's strongest point.

"Okay" I nodded slowly "And?"

"And nothing" he replied quickly "I'm craving something really fancy. What should we eat today?"

"Blood?" I offered.

He gagged "Ewww! Stop ruining my appetite you devil's spawn"

I grinned "You said fancy" I reminded him

"Right" he shook his head in defeat.

"We'll get some pizza" I told him "And we can finally talk about how you are scared of telling me that you are going home for the coronation"

"There's no king. It's not called coronation" he replied "So can you manage a week alone?" he asked hesitantly.

"What am I? A damsel in distress?" I rolled my eyes "I'll be fine"

"You can go stay with Meg" He said

"I'll be fine" I replied "I need some peace anyways. A week without your stupidity will be a much needed therapy"

He hummed "So......pizza?"

I grinned "With blood" I nodded fervently.

Luc groaned as I laughed on. We were thankfully done with the hardest part of our conversation. I know he has been dying to get over with this awkwardness for over a week.

I know because my parents are going to be there for the celebratory party. They obviously can't be there for the ceremony because the wolves would be at their element that day.

I'm happy for Dan and I'm proud of him. I know he'll look incredibly handsome when he stands there taking over the lead. I know he will be a wonderful leader even though he fears he wouldn't be as good as his father. He's calm, understanding and benevolent in his human form and his wolf is fiercely protective of its pack. I smiled at the thought, he was perfect.

___________