Chapter One

Niall's POV

"Niall, come help me clean you this place for Annabelle. I want this place to look perfect when she comes," Shannon Howard commanded, dragging my arm over to the large living room.

"Okay! I've never seen you this bossy," I grumbled, taking a stack of Shannon's Vogue magazines from the coffee table and dumping them onto the white mini bar.

"Well, you wanna see me angry?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. She tilted her head to the left, daring me to say yes.

"I actually-" I started, heading over to fix a black pillow on the long white couch.

Right then the doorbell rang. Shannon hurried over to it and opened it. There stood a beautiful red-haired brown eyed girl holding a white purse. A pink suitcase was standing next to her. I dropped the pillow I was holding in the middle of the couch and stared.

"Hi! I'm Annabelle. You must be Shannon!" the girl exclaimed, smiling warmly.

"Yeah, welcome to London!" Shannon announced, taking Annabelle's suitcase handle. "Niall," She poked my arm as she walked by with the suitcase.

I straightened. "Oh, um, yeah, welcome to ur..." I forgot where I was!

"London," Shannon finished for me, sending me a glare.

Annabelle fingered the lacy curtains and looked at me. "Wow this place is so cool!" she smiled. I fumbled my fingers and replaced the pillow.

"This is Niall Horan, member of the British boyband One Direction. He's my boyfriend," Shannon informed Annabelle, placing her hand in mine. Annabelle kept the smile on her face, although I knew this was uncomfortable and awkward for her.

"Congrats..." Annabelle plastered a fake grin on her face and sat down on the three seater couch. I plopped down in the one seat and Shannon sat on the three seat as well.

"Would you like some tea or coffee? I know the flight was long," Shannon asked, holding up the teapot. She looked at me.

"Sure, I'd like some cof-" I started. Shannon turned to her cousin.

"No? What about you?" she asked. I made a face and Annabelle bit her lip to keep from laughing. I was starting to like this girl. Wait! Niall! I mentally slapped myself in the face. I have a girlfriend! But still...

"Sure, why not?" Annabelle took the steaming cup of coffee and filled it with cream and sugar.

"You ruin coffee by adding that stuff," I informed her. Annabelle raised an eyebrow at me. Shannon glared.

Annabelle and I looked at each other, then burst into laughter. Shannon looked confused, then I saw the first sign of mad Shannon. She turned red.

"Why don't you go unpack, okay?" Shannon pried the cup from Annabelle's fingers and set it on the table. Stage two of mad Shannon, grabbing and hurrying. She motioned for Annabelle to get up. "Your room is down the hall, second door on the right," Shannon said. Annabelle nodded nervously, probably confused. She walked slowly toward the hall, but then, halfway there, she turned around and locked eyes with me.

That's when I realized I liked my girlfriend's cousin.