Chapter 3

I don't know how to let this go

And I don't really want to know

What it's like without you in this life

Your voice is breaking through the air

 Scarlett's POV:

The bell rang. I wondered who could it be. Destiny usually just climed on the tree next to my window and came in this way. But myabe she wanted to act like a could child now where my parents planned to adopt her.

I went upstairs and saw Destiny standing in the door talking to my dad. I ran over to her and hugged her, "welcome to the family, sister." I said smiling.

"Destiny had the great idea to invite Niall to the dinner today, to celebrate that I've a new daughter and to say goodbye to him."

"That would be great" I replied. Dad smiled and went into the kitchen to tell mum that she'd to make more food. Niall eats much.

"So you told Niall everything?" I asked Destiny. She looked at the floor.

"I told him that you adopted me...but not about the 'moving-thing'....can you talk to him??Pleeaaase!!"

I really didn't want to be the one who has to tell him the truth, but Destiny kept begging me. Finally we decided to tell it him together when he'll come to the dinner. Until then we went into my room and watched Jonas Brothers videos. 

When Niall came the discussion about who tells him the truth started again. Finally we both went downstairs, of course I was hoping that Destiny'll do the first step. But she didn't, nor I. We couldn't look into Nialls face. At the dinner table only mum and dad were talking. The whole situation was very awkward. Me and Destiny looked at each other and Destiny whispered:

"Let us talk to him after dinner..." I nodded.

My dad interrupted us: "What are you talking about? And why don't you talk with Niall, you won't see him for a long time..."

No! No! No! Why?! And why didn't I consider that my parents will say something like that?!  I dropped my head at the table.

In the same moment I heard Nialls voice:" What? Why?" He was confused and a little bit worried.

"We'll move, I thought the girls told you about?" My dad said with surprise.

"No they didn't..." I felt my dad was looking at me, but I still didn't lift my head. Niall continued:" Wait...did you said you'll move...where?"

"Los Angeles..." my dad answered.

"You're kidding, don't ya?" Niall was very shocked.

"No, it's the truth...That's the only reason why they adopted me...sorry..." I heard Destiny's voice. Finally I lifted my head and looked at Niall:" Listen, we are really sorry that we didn't told you earlier...but we just didn't know how to tell it..."

"You're really leaving to the U.S.?! I can't believe you didn't told me! You'll both move away together and leave me her alone??" Niall was very angry.

"Oh come on, it's not like you're alone, you've much friends about your age..." Destiny tried to calm him down.

It didn't work. "So you don't need me?!" Niall said:" Fine, than I can leave now."

He stood up and went to the door. We looked at each other, than me and Destiny ran after him.

"Niall, wait!" I shouted. He stopped and turned around. "We didn't mean it this way...we need you." My eyes filled up with tears. "Please, we don't want to loose our best friend..." Niall came back and hugged us:" I don't want to loose you either...I guess I was just shocked when I heard you'll moving...Do you guys want to eat some ice cream with me tomorrow?"

"Of course!" I said.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I woke up very early. Destiny was still sleeping. She lied at a mattress next to my bed. I threw my pillow at her but she just turned around and kept sleeping.

"You'll get ice cream!" I yelled. No reaction. "The orphan home has called!" She still didn't move. "The house is burning!!!" Destiny covered her head under the blanket.

That wouldn't work... I took my phone which was lying next to my bed.

"Nick Jonas posted a new pic!" She sat up in her bed: "Show me!" she smiled.

________________________________________________________________________________

When we came to the  icecream parlour, Niall was already sitting there.

"Hello!" he shouted when he saw us. We sat down next to him. "Can we order soon? I'm hungry!"

"What a surprise..." Destiny murmured. I eat chocolate ice, my favorite.

"When will you move?" Niall asked while he licked his ice cream.

"Soon" I said.

"And what's your definition of 'soon'?"

"Next week..."Destiny said.